millarworld.tv Comics Creators

Television News & Miscellany

The original 8 Out of 10 Cats is back after a few years:

https://www.channel4.com/press/news/8-out-10-cats-back

I figured it had been cancelled in favor of the Countdown version. Not surprised that Aisling Bea’s not a regular anymore, given how much else she has on.

I wonder if they’ll keep gender parity of panellists (which was something Bea insisted on) for the shows she’s not on.

The Jackson films are set during the “Third Age” of Middle-earth; that’s the stuff with Frodo and Gandalf and the One Ring and so on (technically, that’s the end of the Third Age and the start of the Fourth Age). Even in the Second Age, though, jerky ol’ Sauron is around and causing trouble. And the Second Age is when Sauron first forged the One Ring in the fires of Mount Doom, so the title will remain accurate, even if many of the characters will be different. (If you want to get really hardcore fantasy nerd about it, Wikipedia has a decent amount of background on the Second Age.)

(If you want to get really hardcore fantasy nerd about it, Wikipedia has a decent amount of background on the Second Age.)

If you want to get really hardcore fantasy nerd about it, read the goddamn books. If you try faking it by skimming a wiki article we’ll know :stuck_out_tongue:

Besides the First Age is where it’s at.

Finally! This is the show they previewed last summer. From the bits they did, it’s going to be a fantastic production.

That’s actually good news… I was not super interested in a movie remake.

Oooh. I’m definitely interested now.

I’d been hearing that the Amazon series would take place between The Hobbit and Lord of the Rings and follow the adventures of a young Aragorn.

There’s a lot of cool shit in the Second Age: Sauron forging the Rings, the Fall of Numenor, the Breaking of the World, the Last Alliance.

Well, it has to go somewhere if it’s not going to go into the public domain like it rightfully should.

Even Song of the South?

More like Wrong of the South, am I right, guys?.. Guys??..

What about Captain EO?

Great, now that song is stuck in my head all day.

Baby On Board?

I have The Simpsons album on vinyl and Jackson did a bunch of work on it. I think he actually wrote Do The Bartman.

You’re welcome?