millarworld.tv Comics Creators

Television News & Miscellany

Nah.
It just needed some tightening up.
I’m shuddering at the idea of Ryan Murphy tackling the same idea. Brrr.

This was supposed to be based on Dean Koontz’s Frankenstein Series of Books but Koontz withdrew from the production over ‘crerative differences’. I read the first book and found his concept of Frankenstein in modern times interesting. While he was not a detective he did work with 2 New Orleans Police detectives.

After reading the article, it does not seem to paint a good picture of the production. It seemed to talk more about who turned the parts then who was interested in them.

I liked that series too.
But then it sorta continued past its natural end point and petered all the way out.

Yeah, it’s time.

Ahead of Burke’s debut TCA session as President of ABC Entertainment, the Disney-owned broadcaster played a clip of some of its biggest hits. The clip opened with a spot from the third season finale where Matthew Fox’s Jack told Evangeline Lilly’s Kate that they needed to go back to the island – one of the show’s most memorable moments.

When asked by Deadline whether we should read anything into the choice of this clip, she joked, “you should”.

She added, “I would like that very much; that’s a reboot I would be interested in seeing.”

Given the booming trend of reboots, it’s long been thought that the sci-fi island adventure is ripe for a revival. However, Burke admitted that she hadn’t spoken to the creators of the show – J.J. Abrams, Damon Lindelof and Jeffrey Lieber – about a reboot.

I don’t think a revival would succeed.

The original came at perfect time, at the dawn of the new era of television. There was nothing like it on the air. Now almost a decade since it ended, the landscape has changed. The bar has been risen and there are so many shows (good and bad) that I don’t think Lost revival/reboot would stand out. I’m sure a lot of lessons learned from the first run would be applied but really, it would live in the shadow of the original and I’m not sure it could escape it.

If they tell everyone they actually have a decent ending this time it might.

It could work.
If they did nothing with mysteries and made it a survival drama.

And that it will only run for a certain number of season with a certain amount of episodes per season.

Nah, it’d tank like the last Prison Break revival did… those shows were a thing of their time. I mean they can always reboot it as a new show, I don’t think they’ll benefit much from the name.

It could never capture the same prestige that the original LOST series had. That show was kinda magical when it was airing. I had never seen people get so involved in a TV series before. Nothing to that degree anyways. I think the online circus that followed each episode was probably more fun than the actual show itself. Come to think of it, I don’t think I’ve felt that same level of excitement for any show since. Maybe Game of Thrones, but it’s a different excitement.

Yeah honestly it was more fun theorizing and discussing the series than watching it. Until it became shit, that is…

Fringe profited a bit from Lost’s luster, but they also fucked it all up… u_u

Funny thing is, I’d been wanting a Fringe-like series to happen, and to my good surprise it sort of did with Counterpart… so no wI’m hoping they won’t fuck that one as well…

I think Fringe got their ending right. They even tied it back to the beginning by using some of the “fringe” items the division had collected during the first season as weapons against the Observers. I was happy that Abrams learned a lesson from the excesses of Lost.

Well it wasn’t as bad as Lost for sure, but I remember they kinda fumbled it as well… don’t remember exactly why, but yeah, it wasn’t Lost-levels of disaster.

Fuck. Off.

El Vecino : Javier’s life is not going well. The last thing he needs is for an alien to land on him and transfer its powers before dying. Now Javier is a superhero, but it turns out super powers are useless when you get fired from your job or your girlfriend decides she wants to take a break. Fortunately, Javier’s friend and neighbor José will teach him to use his powers for good and hide his secret identity, especially from his girlfriend who’s now investigating Titan, the mysterious superhero.

Director: Nacho Vigalondo; Showrunners: Carlos de Pando, Sara Antuña; Writers: Miguel Esteban and Raúl Navarro; Executive producers: Nahikari Ipiña, Eneko Gutiérrez; Production company: Zeta Audiovisual; Main cast: Quim Gutiérrez, Clara Lago, Catalina Sopelana and Adrián Pino

Cool. I’m sure that’ll be fun.

Wait wasn’t he supposed to do a project with Millar? Kinda sounds like that would’ve been it, or something similar…

He was supposed to adapt Supercrooks.