millarworld.tv Comics Creators

Television News & Miscellany

I’m thinkin’ that’s a big “Yes”.

I’m glad they’re not waiting until October, considering they’re done filming now.

TV related:

15,000??? That’s a steal!!

I’d love to lick at that everytime I pissed by.

Mock The Week host Dara O’Briain is fronting the latest reboot, which will run for 20 episodes of 30 minutes. Players will attempt to cross a hexagonal board by answering quiz questions correlating to a letter, for a chance to win an “experiential” prize. The series is already in pre-production and will include two celebrity specials. It will debut on Comedy Central UK in 2019.

Comedy Central seems an odd choice for this. Challenge tried it a few years ago, with Simon Mayo as host.

I was just thinking about Challenge’s failed reboot (and BBC 2’s before it) the other day, while listening to Lucy Porter and Jen Lyon’s Fingers On Buzzers podcast (where they were talking to someone who was on the original Blockbusters). While Simon Mayo’s a decent host of most things, from what I remember, the Challenge one didn’t really work because they played it a bit too straight. Which is not to say that it should all be done for laughs, but as much as any revival, Blockbusters relies on teenage nostalgia, so it needs to be playfully done. Dara’s a great choice for that. Does seem more like something Dave would try than Comedy Central though.

I turned them down.

Right. I’ll stick with the original, then.

Considering the voice talent, it’s a shame the animation looks like it’s from a 2000s video game.

His response is as measured as you would expect.

In any claim, evidence matters. Evidence always matters. But what happens when it’s just one person’s word against another’s, and the stories don’t agree? That’s when people tend to pass judgment on who is more credible than whom. And that’s when an impartial investigation can best serve the truth – and would have my full cooperation to do so.

[…]

A colleague at a well attended, after-conference, social gathering came up to me to ask for a photograph. She was wearing a sleeveless dress with a tattooed solar system extending up her arm. And while I don’t explicitly remember searching for Pluto at the top of her shoulder, it is surely something I would have done in that situation. As we all know, I have professional history with the demotion of Pluto, which had occurred officially just three years earlier. So whether people include it or not in their tattoos is of great interest to me. I was reported to have “groped” her by searching “up her dress”, when this was simply a search under the covered part of her shoulder of the sleeveless dress.

I only just learned (nine years after) that she thought this behavior creepy. That was never my intent and I’m deeply sorry to have made her feel that way. Had I been told of her discomfort in the moment, I would have offered this same apology eagerly, and on the spot. In my mind’s eye, I’m a friendly and accessible guy, but going forward, I can surely be more sensitive to people’s personal space, even in the midst of my planetary enthusiasm.

[…]

She is a talented, warm and friendly person — excellent traits for morale on a high pressure production. Practically everyone she knows on set gets a daily welcome-hug from her. I expressly rejected each hug offered frequently during the Production. But in its place I offered a handshake, and on a few occasions, clumsily declared, “If I hug you I might just want more.” My intent was to express restrained but genuine affection.

In the final week of shooting, with just a few days left, as a capstone of our friendship, I invited her to wine & cheese at my place upon dropping me off from work. No pressure. I serve wine & cheese often to visitors. And I even alerted her that others from the production were gathering elsewhere that evening, so she could just drop me off and head straight there or anywhere elsewhere. She freely chose to come by for wine & cheese and I was delighted. In the car, we had started a long conversation that could continue unabated. Production days are long. We arrived late, but she was on her way home two hours later.

Afterwards, she came into my office to told me she was creeped out by the wine & cheese evening. She viewed the invite as an attempt to seduce her, even though she sat across the wine & cheese table from me, and all conversation had been in the same vein as all other conversations we ever had.

Further, I never touched her until I shook her hand upon departure. On that occasion, I had offered a special handshake, one I learned from a Native elder on reservation land at the edge of the Grand Canyon. You extend your thumb forward during the handshake to feel the other person’s vital spirit energy — the pulse. I’ve never forgotten that handshake, and I save it in appreciation of people with whom I’ve developed new friendships.

Okay, that last bit is rather strange and sounds like something you might come up with to cover trying to get a feel of some kind.

And, finally:

For me, what was most significant, was that in this new life, long after dropping out of astrophysics graduate school, she was posting videos of colored tuning forks endowed with vibrational therapeutic energy that she channels from the orbiting planets. As a scientist, I found this odd. Meanwhile, according to her blog posts, the drug and rape allegation comes from an assumption of what happened to her during a night that she cannot remember. It is as though a false memory had been implanted, which, because it never actually happened, had to be remembered as an evening she doesn’t remember. Nor does she remember waking up the next morning and going to the office. I kept a record of everything she posted, in case her stories morphed over time. So this is sad, which, for me, defies explanation.

It all sounds credible enough, and I do hope he turns out to be innocent. But like he says, currently it’s a matter of whom to believe, so hopefully the investigation will make things clearer.

Written by Rae, Kittrell and Aniobi, The Dolls, inspired by true events, recounts the aftermath of Christmas Eve riots within two small Arkansas towns in 1983…riots which erupted over, yes,…Cabbage Patch Dolls. The limited series explores class, race, privilege and what it takes to be a “good mother.”

Rogue Lawyer still seems like the name for a fake knockoff John Grisham that’s seen in the background of a movie for one shot.

Its starting to feel dragged out as it is.

I read this article at Cracked:

In it, it had a link to this:

While some are only available in certain regions, that is still a shit ton of services. I can’t imagine many of these lasting long term.