millarworld.tv Comics Creators

Television News & Miscellany

As this is a direct continuation of a tv series…

Vincent Van Ghoul is back!

With the studio deal, Morrison, a native of Glasgow, Scotland, will develop and produce premium original content for television networks as well as streaming platforms.

Morrison’s newest project with UCP is developing and writing the television adaptation of his long-running comic series The Invisibles , a near-future tale centering on an elite and mysterious international cell of occult freedom fighters who employ time travel, magic and more traditional weapons to defend our world from a covert inter-dimensional invasion by the Archons of the Outer Church.

UCP, in conjunction with Amblin Television, is also working with Morrison, Taylor and David Wiener on an adaptation of Aldous Huxley’s iconic sci-fi novel Brave New World . Set 500 years in the future, Brave New World presents a society where happiness is mandatory and forced by drugs, conditioning, entertainment and rigorous promiscuity. Morrison is both a writer and executive producer on the project.

If we’re lucky it’ll just be 2 and a half hours of Jessie crying… :disappointed_relieved:

I don’t think there’s really much you can add to the series by redoing it in the present day, frankly. If they do remake it, I hope they focus less on powers and more on the ripple effect stuff. That was the most interesting part and got forgotten by around series 2.

British-based comedian Katherine Ryan is serving up the funny with not one, but two projects on Netflix. She is set to write, executive produce, and star in her debut scripted series The Duchess and will return to the streaming giant with her second stand-up special Glitter Room .

The Duchess follows the powerful and problematic choices of a fashionably disruptive single mom living in London. Her daughter, Olive, is her greatest love so she debates a second child with her greatest enemy — Olive’s dad. Can two wrongs make another right? Netflix will stream six 30-minute episodes.

I saw Glitter Room live, around a year ago. It was ok but a bit thin - barely an hour of material, more like 50 minutes.

Hopefully there’s a bit more to it for the Netflix version.

Must have taken her ages to think up that premise!

Hey, I think Ryan’s brilliant, but most of that premise is just her life (and the rest is plausible). Even the kid’s name is a near anagram of her daughter’s.

That’s what observational comedy is though, it’s an actual genre, the material is based on real life experience.

Me? I don’t think a story is worth telling unless it has a few ninjas and at least one alien spaceship, but I’m not a stand up comedian.

Right, which is what she does for stand-up. To then also do a sitcom that’s just your life with the letters rearranged feels like the pitching equivalent of Ray Parker Jr’s lyric writing process for the Ghostbusters theme.

Hey, at least she rearranged the letters.

cast_37310_copy_-_h_2018

How do you rearrange Larry David to spell George Costanza?

Hey!! Bustin’ makes me feel good!

There’s a new Wu Tang TV show coming on Hulu next year, but tomorrow this documentary is out on YouTube.

Because Wu Tang is for the wains.

Well, that’s a setting I haven’t seen zombies in before.