millarworld.tv Comics Creators

Television News & Miscellany

Rich Dotcom is one of the only times I’ve liked a show doing that thing where they take a villain and make him one of the good guys because they like the actor/character so much.

Rich dotcom episodes were aboout the only thing worth watching in that otherwise groan-inducing series…

Yeah, this is gonna set off so many trolls.

The description is a bit of a groaner.

In Bewitched, written by Barris and Taylor, Samantha, a hardworking black single mom who happens to be a witch, marries Darren, a white mortal who happens to be a bit of a slacker. They struggle to navigate their differences as she discovers that even when a black girl is literally magic, she’s still not as powerful as a decently tall white man with a full head of hair in America

‘Lovecraft Country’ is filming now.

I’m never sure which announced shows are actually happening until I see people complaining about road closures. :wink:

Adapt the webcomic Ryan North wrote, which was basically a months-long setup for a really puerile joke.

No idea how that works, but I’m glad they’re getting some money out of it?

I think they are already making a decent amount. Richard Herring was interviewing them a while back and he was rather jealous that they seemed pretty much full time off a podcast (combined with their live shows).

That’s as non-sensical as to be expected. It did make me think someone should do a Virgil Tibbs TV show though. In cannon. That would be awesome.

To be honest I completely forgot about it after the second episode.

I think a show like that can only have one good season*, since it relies on lack of awareness. I imagine SBC will have a harder time trying to find gullible politicians, lobbyists, and hangers-on the second time around.

*Mind you, I’m not saying the first season is good; I haven’t watched it, so I have no opinion.

He knows it too. He rarely does interviews as himself but he did one with Marc Maron a couple of years back and was pretty honest about the limitations of that kind of thing and why he had to retire previous characters.

They took a decade off from it really and used more prosthetics and makeup to help too but yeah people will be on the lookout again.