millarworld.tv Comics Creators

Television News & Miscellany

Missed some bullets there! Wow, let’s just remake the remakes! Let’s call for women-led shows! Let’s remake a women-led show! Let’s not!

Good grief.

Get Christie Love just sounded bad all the way around. She’s part of the CIA? Seriously?

Harvey Birdman coming back? AND with Colbert as Phil? Yup… I’m in, best news of the decade :smile:

Man I hope they do more episodes, though I doubt Colbert has time…

The ‘Seinfeld’ finale 20 years later: Does it get any better with age?

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/seinfeld-finale-20-years-later-get-better-age-141434286.html

It was good to begin with.

Remender and Craig were on the set consulting so it fits that it seems loyal.

as far as SyFy is concerned, they have got to be the worst run network. They are part of Universal so they can’t be crying poverty. I believe it might be just a place where Universal throws stuff that they can’t show anywhere. Every night it seems they show some movie that was popular for a bit years ago. When I saw they cancelled The Expanse, i was bummed but I got so burned out over the cancellation of Dark Matter, I could not even work up enough energy to be properly angry over Expanse’s exit.

Let me be angry enough for us both.

But yea, it’s getting to the point there is very little reason to watch anything on SYFY

It doesn’t really work like that though, any part of a company needs to be able to sustain its own profits, it doesn’t matter if another part of Universal is making a mint.

I understand the anger as I really like The Expanse too but it’s something that does cause me to ask questions. You see these shows with really high production values and ratings lower than a daytime cookery show on BBC2. I realise there are other income streams like on demand, DVD and streaming overseas but it’s never quite added up for me, how you can spend over a million an episode for 500,000 viewers, they need to bring in $2 each to break even.

Krypton is still aces.

ABC FALL 2018-19 SCHEDULE
(New programs in UPPER CASE)

MONDAY
8 PM — Dancing with the Stars
10 PM — The Good Doctor

TUESDAY
8 PM — Roseanne
8:30 PM — THE KIDS ARE ALRIGHT
9 PM — black-ish
9:30 PM — Splitting Up Together
10 PM — THE ROOKIE

WEDNESDAY
8 PM — The Goldbergs
8:30 PM — American Housewife
9 PM — Modern Family
9:30 PM — SINGLE PARENTS
10 PM — A MILLION LITTLE THINGS

THURSDAY
8 PM — Grey’s Anatomy
9 PM — Station 19
10 PM — How to Get Away with Murder

FRIDAY
8 PM — Fresh Off the Boat
8:30 PM — Speechless
9 PM — Child Support
10 PM — 20/20

SATURDAY
8 PM — Saturday Night Football

SUNDAY
7 PM — America’s Funniest Home Videos
8 PM – DANCING WITH THE STARS: JUNIORS
9 PM — Shark Tank
10 PM — THE ALEC BALDWIN SHOW

Man those FOX picks ups look pretty dire too. I’m really fascinated that they seem to have dumped the entire main thrust of the The Passage’s narrative. Seems like a weird decision. I guess it’s one way to keep the show cheap though.

According to Justin Cronin, they’ve cast the future characters, but they were cut from the pilot and they’re doing the whole thing linearly. Which seems a bad move.

If it manages to survive, I hope it doesn’t stay faithful to the later books, which bored me.

That seems like a terrible idea.

(Honestly I never made it passed the first book as I found it pretty obvious and dull.)

I thought the setup and concept were great, but it never lived up to its promise.

Yeah I thought the concept and set up were good too, I just thought the first book failed to do much interesting with them.