millarworld.tv Comics Creators

Television News & Miscellany

Right, we haven’t seen Real Housewives of Sugarland yet

Written by Kring, Treadstone explores the origin story and present-day actions of a CIA black ops program known as Treadstone — a covert operation that uses behavior modification protocol to turn its agents into nearly unstoppable superhuman assassins. The series follows sleeper agents across the globe as they’re mysteriously “awakened” to resume their deadly missions.

Created by Denis Leary and Alex Cary, Erase is the story of Donal O’Neal (Leary), a dirty ex-cop who decides to do the right thing and bring down his complicit superior officers. But his best weapon in this battle – a photographic memory – is suddenly compromised by symptoms of early-onset Alzheimer’s. In this gritty crime thriller, laced with elements of black comedy, Donal races against time to repair the damage he’s done to his estranged family while trying to avoid being killed by his enemies. Leary and Cary executive produce with Apostle Pictures’ Jim Serpico.

Briarpatch, written by Andy Greenwald based on the Ross Thomas novel, is a co-production between UCP and Paramount Television that “celebrates the beloved genre that Thomas’ book represents — a unique blend of crime, thriller, mystery, and pulp fiction – while updating his electrifying sense of fun, danger and place for a new generation.” It follows Allegra Dill, a dogged investigator returning to her border-town Texas home after her sister is murdered by a car bomb. What begins as a search for a killer turns into an all-consuming fight to bring the corrupt hometown Allegra thought she left behind to its knees.

Megan Abbott serves as writer and executive producer of Dare Me, based on her acclaimed novel. It’s described as an unflinching exploration of volatile female friendships, jealousy, loyalty and the dynamics of power in a small Midwestern town. Peering behind the all-American façade, the series dives into the cutthroat world of competitive high school cheerleading, following the fraught relationship between two best friends after a new coach arrives to bring their team to prominence. Part coming-of-age story, part small-town drama, part murder mystery, Dare Me, from UCP and Film 44, exposes the physical and psychological extremes that some young women are willing to endure in order to get ahead.

I read Briarpatch over 20 years ago. It was pretty good.

I love Silicon Valley, but it needs to end soon.

I’ve got Episode 2 of Barry on my DVR to watch.

This show is still looking like a lot of fun.

Yeah, I am loving the direction they’re taking it.
It could have been slavishly devoted, but it has a good head on its shoulders instead.

I really like the inversion of the underdog/villain dynamic of the original film.

Exactly.
That first teaser got me worried, but by inverting it you really have a good arena for mutual development.

The remaining Fox assets, including Fox Broadcasting Company, national sports cable networks FS1 and FS2, Fox News Channel and the Fox stations, will form a new company, previously referred by Rupert Murdoch as New Fox. Today Rice jokingly called the slimmed-down post-merger group “Diet Fox” in response to a comparison an attendee made between New Fox and New Coke. He noted that the new company will likely be called Fox. Rice expects that management changes at Fox would be announced first — over the next 12 months — because that company has to be up and running on the day the Disney transaction comes through.

Yeah, okay. That’s one revival I would actually be excited about.

I loved that series.

ooooooh