Comics Creators

Television News & Miscellany

I’m fairly sure that version there was done today (or recently anyway) to illustrate Naylor’s point, rather than being a vintage image.

Seems like this will be an easy case to prove if he’s telling the truth.

Nah, I mean in the moment.
Unless Barrie has found the fountain of youth.

…has he? He was in the Tomb Raider movies.

The stupid thing is, it’s not an original concept. Robert Llewellyn (Kryten off Red Dwarf) was doing pretty much the same thing years earlier with his show Carpool (which was on TV here in about 09 and done online I think before that).

But yeah, this guy’s case does seem pretty easy to prove if they shot a pilot for it.

Judging by the latest couple of Red Dwarf series, he may have misplaced the fountain again. :slight_smile:

I honestly thought this was a gag at first, but no, it’s a real series.

I saw something about this last week. It led me to this video. :wink:

I’ll be honest, I always thought his character was the worst part of the show.

I haven’t seen it but isn’t his character the entire point of the show?

It’s also an ensemble piece of the family reacting to it.

He’s also just really, really, unlikable.

It sounds like they could literally reboot the show from scratch while keeping the basic concept.

Michelle Gomez & Chance Perdomo Join Netflix’s Sabrina The Teenage Witch Series

Doctor Who alumna Michelle Gomez and newcomer Chance Perdomo are set as series regulars opposite Kiernan Shipka in Netflix’s Sabrina the Teenage Witch series, from Roberto Aguirre-Sacasa, Berlanti Productions and Warner Bros. TV.

Based on the Archie Comics characters, the untitled project reimagines the origin and adventures of Sabrina the Teenage Witch as a dark coming-of-age story that traffics in horror, the occult and, of course, witchcraft. Tonally in the vein of Rosemary’s Baby and The Exorcist, this adaptation finds Sabrina wrestling to reconcile her dual nature — half-witch, half-mortal — while standing against the evil forces that threaten her, her family and the daylight world humans inhabit.

Gomez will play Mary Wardell, Sabrina’s (Shipka) favorite teacher and mentor at Baxter High. When she is possessed by the Devil’s handmaiden, Madam Satan, Ms. Wardwell turns into a sultry, cunning manipulator, always trying to lure Sabrina down the Path of Night.

Perdomo will portray Ambrose Spellman, Sabrina’s warlock cousin from England. Placed under house-arrest by the Witches Council, Ambrose is forbidden from leaving the funeral home where he lives with the Spellman women. Witty, puckish and pan-sexual, he is one of Sabrina’s partners in crime, always up for mischief.

Gomez is great (even though #missynotmymaster) and this is… looking like an interesting reboot, to say the least.

I was kind of disappointed after that headline to be reminded that it’s a “dark and gritty” reboot. Original comedy style Sabrina with Gomez doing her usual borderline absurdist schtick (as one of the aunts maybe) would be really good.

I said the same about Archie re: Riverdale.

But they’ve pivoted the comics to be more gritty and eye grabbing. It’s worked, so why stop?

Yeah, yeah, that’s all well and good, but what we’re really waiting to see is who’s going to play Salem.

Literally announced last week:

I didn’t know this was happening;

Will it work without the Bayhem?