millarworld.tv Comics Creators

Television News & Miscellany

Man, do we need to keep a scorecard for all the shows Fuller has left?

Big Jones fan, this is good news.

Written by Eisenberg, who will serve as showrunner, Nanjiani and Gordon, Little America is based on the true stories featured in Epic Magazine and described on the site as “a small, collective portrait of America’s immigrants — and thereby a portrait of America itself.” The TV series will go beyond the headlines to look at the funny, romantic, heartfelt, inspiring and unexpected lives of immigrants in America, at a time when their stories are more relevant than ever.

The Kit Steinkellner/Elizabeth Olsen dramedy, which had been in the works for awhile, is among the first high-end series ordered by Facebook as the social media juggernaut is making a push in premium original content. The project, written on spec by playwright Steinkellner, had been originally set up at Showtime. Its premise is not being revealed but Olsen is believed to be playing a young widow dealing with grief while reconnecting with relationships from her past. YouTube Red has a similarly themed half-hour pilot, Widow.

Ugh, great. Another company trying to hop on the original streaming TV content train.

Get a first look at the new ‘Voice’ chairs — and the new ‘Block button’ twist

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/get-first-look-new-voice-chairs-new-block-button-twist-141353656.html

New Alan Partridge series on the BBC.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/mediacentre/latestnews/2018/this-time-with-alan-partridge?ns_mchannel=social&ns_campaign=bbc_press_office&ns_source=twitter&ns_linkname=corporate

Premise is basically “Alan is a temporary co-host on pseudo-The One Show” which sounds good but also has me a little disappointed they didn’t have Coogan actually co-host the One Show in character for a week.

I’m glad Tim Key is back as (formerly) Sidekick Simon.

I loved him in ‘Limitless’. I look forward to seeing him in this.

For some reason I had thought that season 2 had already aired and season 3 was on its way.

I believe they filmed S2&3 at the same time, to stop the kids from growing too fast.

I wonder if this is really going to happen. I can’t imagine HBO really wanting to deal with a potential shit-storm this could bring. If more of his victims come forward, it could turn into a shit-hurricane. HBO may really want to think this through some more.

In other news:

I’m curious to see how closely they’ll be sticking to the over the top style of the comics for this.

I can’t wait for this season.
Detective Dupin looks way cool.

This is useless. It contains absolutely no information on Chris Rock and his wife’s relationship.