millarworld.tv Comics Creators

Television News & Miscellany

If there are no kaiju, it’s simply a waste of everyone’s time.

Mecha kaiju geisha. We may have something here!

In a competitive situation, Tomorrow Studios, Marty Adelstein’s joint venture with ITV Studios, has acquired The Oracle Year, the upcoming debut novel of best-selling comic book franchise writer Charles Soule, for development as a TV series.

The Oracle Year, which will be released on April 3 by HarperCollins, centers on a twentysomething New Yorker who wakes to 108 visions of specific predictions of the future, and monetizes those predictions to become the most famous person in the world.

Soule will executive produce alongside Tomorrow Studios’ Adelstein and Becky Clements.

Friedman was an executive producer and wrote the pilot for Snowpiercer, which was ordered to series by TNT earlier this month. Creative differences are blamed as the reason for the split, sources say. There is no replacement as of yet.

Not a great sign.

Ehhh

My first reaction is a Good Idea, Bad Idea reference.

A reboot of What We Do In The Shadows is in the works for the small screen. FX has given a pilot order to a half-hour comedy based on the 2014 mockumentary horror film co-written, co-directed and starring Jemaine Clement and Taika Waititi. Clement is attached as writer and executive producer on TV adaptation and Waititi will direct and executive produce.

Kayvan Novak, Matt Berry, Natasia Demetriou, Harvey Guillen are set to star in the FX pilot, executive produced by Scott Rudin, Paul Simms, Garrett Basch and Eli Bush.

Novak will play Nandor, the head vampire of the house. Berry plays Lazslo is the goofiest in the house, the type of vampire that turns into a bat and flies into a wall. Demetriou plays Nadja, the badass female vampire of the house. Guillen is believed to play Nandor’s assistant.

I wonder if it will connect to the other show with the police set in the same world that they’re developing.

Who will play Stu?

Yo @Mark_Millar! You think they even really noticed the bucks they paid you? My word, this is like Scrooge McDuck’s swimming pool!

Everything must come back

I pretty much only know Murphy Brown from Family Guy references.

Yeah it’s a really weird choice and the last time they tried to bring back at sitcom that old was Coach and it never made it passed the pilot.

Ain’t nothin’ but danged necromancers! Murphy Brown? Naw.

It didn’t even make it past rehearsals, IIRC.

In the UK they have brought back Birds of a Feather, which ran at pretty much the same time as Murphy Brown (89-98). There’s also Still Open All Hours, which has now run more episodes than the original show from the 70s/80s.

I only know it from that time Kramer was on the show during that Seinfeld two-parter

Among my favourite episodes of the series.