millarworld.tv Comics Creators

Television News & Miscellany

That looks quite good. Love Jeff Daniels even in the little bits we see of him in the trailer, and the concept is an interesting one. I’m game.

Jay Hunt does have a pretty good record and Channel 4 punches above its weight on a budget to quality ratio. Some of my favourite UK shows come from there, compared to only a couple on ITV which has many times more money to spend. So most likely a good appointment from Apple who don’t seem to want to spend as much as Amazon.

I went to high school with Mark Goffman. He was in my homeroom.

Murphy did a pilot for FX for a show about a transgender character a decade ago, starring Joseph Fiennes as the lead. It was apparently pretty awful.

Can’t fault that choice. Excellent actress.

Saturday morning scares: Animation writer Buzz Dixon on the art of creeping out kiddos

The Rookie follows the story of John Nolan (Fillion), the oldest rookie in the LAPD. At an age where most are at the peak of their career, Nolan cast aside his comfortable, small town life and moved to L.A. to pursue his dream of being a cop. Now, surrounded by rookies 20 years his junior, Nolan must navigate the dangerous, humorous and unpredictable world of a “young” cop, determined to make his second shot at life count. Inspired by a true story.

Yeah, okay. Might be fun, given that it’s Fillion.

https://myspace.com/article/2017/10/26/kristen-bell-veronica-mars-miniseries-going-to-happen-ew

Preacher season 3 is definitely happening. Based on the complete non-reaction of my social media, I thought I might’ve been the only person watching, so this is a pleasant surprise. Season 2 was… still a bit weirdly disjointed and Tulip’s nothingy subplot was an annoying waste of Ruth Negga, but at least they’d moved past the painful slowness from s1.

I thought S2 started well, but I got bored by the second half. I don’t think I’ll bother with S3 unless I hear better things from people watching.

YES!!!

This makes me happy. I agree on Tulip’s arc, and there were other weak spots, but by God when it’s working this series is like nothing else out there and quite brilliant. Very much looking forward to the next season!

I don’t think they quite sold the importance of Jesse’s big Grail-related decision, which made the end work a bit weirdly. But I’m still with it, I think. Curious how they’ll handle the next arc they’re obviously doing.

Good to hear there’ll be a third series. So when does Tulip get to beat Featherstone to crap?

I really, really can’t wait to meet Jody and T.C… This is going to be so awesome(-ly forrifying). It’s a bit of a shame though that Tulip’s already dead, though, and they obviously won’t have that moment. Back then, I could feel my heart breaking when Jody shot her mid-sentence when she begged to be allowed to kiss Jesse goodbye.