millarworld.tv Comics Creators

Television News & Miscellany

It’s been one of the most poorly-kept secrets of the new series of Red Dwarf, but a return from an old cast member has now been confirmed.

They’ve maybe been a bit over-zealous with their attempt to match his look to Lovett’s more youthful earlier incarnations, but I’m sure it’ll be fun to have him back, even if only for an episode.

The new series starts on Dave on 12 October (but I imagine that, like last year, they’ll have each episode on their digital platform a week before transmission).

Who cares about AV Club?! WHAT DOES ROTTEN TOMATOES SAY???

Aye, especially since it’s not like the rest have all remained ageless haha. But can’t wait. Still loving the return of Beard Dreads Lister.

Which has been one of the more interesting elements, for me. It would be sad to see Craig Charles still trying to play Lister in his mid-twenties, but he’s playing his own age, and the older versions of the characters offer different avenues to explore (and sometimes add a bit of pathos).

There’s no reason why the human characters can’t age, it’s just a bit harder to justify the likes of Holly looking older (and Rimmer I guess, although you can maybe use a bit of poetic licence with that one) .

http://www.darkhorizons.com/financials-caused-dark-matter-cancellation/

Sadly his five-year plan for the show will not come to fruition, and he says the network wouldn’t consider a pitch for a six-episode final season to wrap up the third season cliffhanger.

Wankers

It’s Metalocalypse all over again. Seriously, Adult Swim was very petty.

At least Metalocalpse got the Doomstar Requiem to pretty much wrap things up.

It only served to settle a cliffhanger but is pretty much constructed as a lead in for a final, planned, season that Adult Swim passed on and then blocked another company from funding.

Ain’t nothing wrapped up.

“We don’t want it… So we will now set fire to it so no one else can!”

The real kicker was the stream they did of their fax machine for fan appeals that was set in front of a trash bin.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f4esGOLFfds

Well, Rebecca certainly seems to be taking the events of the series 2 finale well.

Hopefully, they find something for William Katt. I was his driver for a weekend and he’s a super nice guy.

Price cited Amazon’s “Man in the High Castle,” the unscripted “Grand Tour,” and the new comedy “The Tick” as examples of existing shows that fit the bill of having global appeal. And he doesn’t mince words about his interest in finding a show that packs the wallop of HBO’s “Game of Thrones.”

“I do think ‘Game of Thrones’ is to TV as ‘Jaws’ and ‘Star Wars’ was to the movies of the 1970s,” Price said. “It’ll inspire a lot of people. Everybody wants a big hit and certainly that’s the show of the moment in terms of being a model for a hit.”

“We’re very interested in getting those top shows — something that is broadly popular and admired,” he said. “We want to allocate a lot of our attention and resources going forward to that kind of thing.”

Well, now that they’re trying to create a show that’s both popular and admired, I’m sure that’s the easy part. :roll_eyes:

First episode this Sunday.

Everyone please stand back so @Jim has plenty of room to do his Happy Dance: