millarworld.tv Comics Creators

Television News & Miscellany

That’s true, original films are something they’ve started to go after more this year.

Yeah, and with very mixed success. Okja was recieved well, but they have their Death Note film from Adam Wingard out Friday, and most of the reviews so far have been fairly negative (36% on RT, 38 on Metacritic).

The complete first season will be available to stream from Thursday September 21st. Additionally, TVWise has also learned that the season two premiere will be available to stream on the same day, with new episodes then being made available every Friday (beginning September 29th), less than 24 hours after they air state-side on NBC.

It’s a fantastic show, and very well suited to a Netflix binge.

The most viewed Netflix Original shows have been revealed.

Still not official Netflix data but interesting nonetheless.

I couldn’t get into it really. Danson was having fun but Bell was pretty terrible I thought. The finale was impressive though.

Wait, there’s a show with Kristen Bell and Ted Danson?

Finally!

I’m sorry, Dave. I can’t do that. (No wait… wrong reference).

All depends on the peg supplier. Is it a local shop? I only shop local.

'Allo Dave. (Sorry, couldn’t resist).

The synopsis is great too:

Bam boom, BoJack Horseman season four synopsis, here we go. Okay, so this season is full of all the things people love about their favorite depressed talking horse. First of all, you’ve got BoJack himself, who is up to his old tricks. Then you have Princess Carolyn, who is one cool cat. While Princess Carolyn toys with the idea of starting a family, BoJack has family issues of his own. This season, on BoJack Horseman. Meanwhile, Diane and Mr. Peanutbutter have family issues of their own. You might say their marriage is “in a pit,” if you know what I mean (which you won’t, until you watch the season). Meanwhile Todd has issues of his own – as he explores his own evolving sexual identity and also in some episodes doesn’t do that. Oh! And Mr. Peanutbutter’s running for governor now; I forgot to mention that, that’s important. Also, in one episode BoJack wears a new hat! Bet you want to tune in to see that new hat, huh? Okay, I lied, there’s no new hat. I just really want you to watch the new season of BoJack Horseman!

I was close to tears of laughter watching that. So I’ve now had to explain to my daughter (who asked what I was laughing at) who Papa Lazarou is, what HAL9000 is supposed to sound like, and why I find it all so funny.

Not airing until 2019 though.

Good news, I liked the first one (despite all the hype which threatened to overshadow it a bit).

More Black Mirror is on the way.

Looks like Netflix are continuing their push internationally after a slow start. Loads more Bollywood movies appearing on my list and ads like these in India.

An interesting article from a UK perspective on the changing TV landscape.

This echoes some of the stuff we’ve discussed here and that the long term will have to see fewer portals rather than more.

The modern TV viewer now has an array of viewing options to choose from, with the BBC iPlayer, Amazon Prime Video and YouTube among the platforms vying for the attention of British households. More than 20% of under-35s use more than seven services to keep up with their favourite shows, and 40% say they are becoming confused by how many options are available, according to an OC&C survey.

“Viewers are facing a complex web of different routes to access TV content, leading to an unsustainable level of confusion and inconvenience,” says Mostyn Goodwin, partner at OC&C. “This environment is giving rise to the need for a super-aggregator service that provides a universal access point to content.”

An interesting development in the binge watch discussion: