millarworld.tv Comics Creators

Television News & Miscellany

The classic 1987 science fiction novel by the multi-Nebula and Hugo award-winning author has been picked up by Ava DuVernay, Charles D. King’s Macro and director/writer Victoria Mahoney for adaption into a television series, I’ve learned.

In what is remarkably the first time that Science Fiction Hall of Famer’s Butler’s work has been adapted for TV, Mahoney will pen the series about an African-American women who works with aliens to resurrect the human race 250 years after a nuclear war.

I’ve read some of Butler’s work, but not the Xenogenesis series.

The Coen Brothers are set to write and direct The Ballad of Buster Scruggs, a West anthology series, for premiere on Netflix in 2018.

The project, produced by Annapurna Television, will feature six tales about the American frontier told through the unique and incomparable voice of Joel and Ethan Coen. Each chapter will feature a distinct story about the American West. It will star Tim Blake Nelson as Buster, and many others.

“We are streaming motherfuckers!,” said Joel Coen and Ethan Coen.

Tim Blake Nelson led western by the Coens?

Seems like it could be less indulgent than Hail Caesar.

Or more since there are multiple episodes. :smile:

Thanks to you both - time to re-sign up to Netflix then, at the start of September!

Sounds awesome! And it means that in 2018, there’ll be like six hours of content by the Coen Brothers. That’s just great to hear.

I like them even when they are indulgent. Well, at least in the cases of Hail Cesar and Burn after Reading (less so with Intolerable Cruelty and Ladykillers, but I think those were both originally work-for-hire screenplays that they ended up directing by accident).

S1 was really good.

Ahem.

I recently said I was a bit baffled at UK television channel CBS Reality showing 8 hours straight of Judge Judy, I noticed last week that at the same time Lifestyle channel was also showing a 6 hour block of Judge Judy.

Capitalism delivers endless choice.

Yay!!!

Sigh, god damn it.

Fuller’s Mockingbird Lane pilot was so good. Damn it, why this?

Yeah, Mockingbird Lane had so much potential. It wasn’t perfect but it had a lot of heart and room to grow.

Yeah, it definitely lifted a lot from the Addams Family movies, but keeping Herman as the core of the family dynamic and the push toward some normalcy really helped it keep that certain vibe.

It is frustrating, and I don’t blame anyone posting it, how headlines go for this crap. Kirkman is not leaving AMC, they have signed up for one of his ideas that will continue being made.

He had signed a similar deal with AMC two years ago though:

I don’t think anything came out of that, so it’s maybe not surprising he went to Amazon instead.

Yes but that’s essentially ‘the option’. Almost every concept on the planet is on an option, all but two Millarworld ideas are, they don’t last long unless they actually make something.

There are screenwriters that exist solely on ‘options’ for all their career.