millarworld.tv Comics Creators

Television News & Miscellany

Happy!

Not a huge Stranger Things fan but that trailer is indeed incredible.

That Happy! trailer looks pretty good. It seems like they’ve captured the tone of the comic well.

Starring Jodie Whittaker.

Well this line is an absolute gift to everyone who didn’t like the fact that she was cast in DW:

Are there people who don’t like that she was cast in DW?

Definitely not.

Ah, he’s basically saying that those who are complaining aren’t really Doctor Who fans…so, makes sense I guess.

I’m really hoping it will be good. I was a bit shocked to hear they were making it into a TV series. Seems like an odd choice.

Disenchantment, Matt Groening’s long-gestating adult animated comedy fantasy series for Netflix, is moving forward with an official twenty-episode order. The series from The Simpsons creator and Futurama co-creator will premiere in 2018, with the twenty episodes airing over two seasons of ten episodes each.

Abbi Jacobson, Nat Faxon and Eric Andre headline the voice cast of Disenchantment. Set in the crumbling medieval kingdom of Dreamland, the series will follow the misadventures of hard-drinking young princess Bean (Jacobson), her feisty elf companion Elfo (Faxon), and her personal demon Luci (Andre). Along the way, the oddball trio will encounter ogres, sprites, harpies, imps, trolls, walruses, and lots of human fools. Also voicing characters on the show are John DiMaggio, Billy West, Maurice LaMarche, Tress MacNeille, David Herman, Matt Berry, Jeny Batten, Rich Fulcher, Noel Fielding, and Lucy Montgomery.

Berry, Fulcher, and Fielding? I guess Groening (or one of the other producers) is a Mighty Boosh fan?

Netflix UK have picked up the rights to Rick and Morty, and will show S3 as it airs:

Still no Expanse news though.

I thought the show had been on UK Netflix for a while now?

Yes, but not until a year after they aired in the US. FOX had the rights, but were a few months behind the US schedule.

Ah, ok.

I do remember that I tried the show a while back and they only had the first season on there, so that makes sense.

They added series 1 almost a year ago, and then series 2 a month or two later, IIRC.

Odd that Netflix have snatched it given Fox has an entire Adult Swim block in which it featured the show.

Back when I had a TV, Adult Swim managed to show up and promptly vanish from a half-dozen different small channels on Sky. Could be that Netflix nabs more money