millarworld.tv Comics Creators

Television News & Miscellany

Isn’t the first one pretty much Murder In Successville?

UGH! I remember this too and it was done with current stars of the time. This one seems to be done with performers of that time. There are no “stars” on any of those teams. that title is such clickbait. “New Blood”? 75-80% of those performers are either approaching 50 are already over 50. I feel ashamed for DeMarcus Ware, who is a “coach” on the show.

‘My Dinner With Hervé’: First-Look Photo Of Peter Dinklage As Hervé Villechaize In HBO Movie

Written by Sacha Gervasi based on a story by him and Sean Macaulay and directed by Gervasi, My Dinner With Hervé centers on an unlikely friendship that evolves over one wild night in LA between a struggling journalist and actor Hervé Villechaize, the world’s most famous gun-toting dwarf, resulting in life-changing consequences for both.

Executive producing with Gervasi, Zaillian and Dinklage are Richard Middleton, Ross Katz and Jessica de Rothschild, with Garrett Basch and David Ginsberg co-executive producing.

https://pmcdeadline2.files.wordpress.com/2017/06/herve-peter-dinklage-jamie-dornan.jpg
http://deadline.com/2017/06/my-dinner-with-herve-first-look-photo-peter-dinklage-herve-villechaize-hbo-movie-game-of-thrones-1202119179/

I’m going to have to tell my buddy Karl about this. He is mildly obsessed with Hervé.

Dang, just saw the Dracula news.
Agreed about Jekyll’s ending…and I’ve voiced my thoughts about Sherlock’s downward spiral before…but the starts and middles are always so fine I can’t help but be excited.

Especially if they cast Quincy well.
Team Quincy

Would I be wrong to complain that Dinklage isn’t Filipino?

Well within your rights there

I assume its an issue a lot of people will take.

Casting like this doesn’t take a role from a Filipino actor, the film undoubtedly got made because Dinklage was interested and without him it doesn’t exist, but it’s still white washing.

He is a dwarf though, the fact that it’s not a tall actor and VFX is something, just not everything. There must be people out there who are entirely right for this role, we’ve just never heard of them. They haven’t had a chance to become known in other roles before this one came along.

Apparently he’s a “French actor and painter of English and Filipino descent”. I’m willing to go out on a limb here and say that it’s possible there is no other actor that fits perfectly in his impressively specific niche.

No surprises there.

Her tussle with Trump last year made a lot of people forget that all she has ever been, and been for a long time, was one of FOX’s crazy shitslingers.

This was actually a show? On network television? This season? Where the hell was I?!!

It was a summer show; it only started a few weeks ago.

Wow. Spike Lee on Netflix? They must be really going for it as far as content. I like that.

Wet Hot American Summer has ruined the phrase “She’s Gotta Have It” for me forever…I keep hearing it in Michael Showalter’s voice.

George R.R. Martin’s ‘Nightflyers’ Picked Up to Pilot at Syfy

Syfy is fast-tracking George R.R. Martin’s Nightflyers.

The NBCUniversal-owned cable network has picked up the drama based on the Game of Thrones creator’s novella to pilot.

The news comes a month after Syfy put the Universal Cable Productions drama in development as part of its upfront presentation to ad buyers.

Based on Martin’s 1980 novella and the 1987 film of the same name, Nightflyers is set in the future on the eve of Earth’s destruction and follows a crew of explorers who journey on the most advanced ship in the galaxy, The Nightflyer, to intercept a mysterious alien spacecraft that might hold the key to their survival. As the crew nears their destination, they discover that the ship’s artificial intelligence and never-seen captain may be steering them into deadly and unspeakable horrors deep in the dark reaches of space.

–SNIP–
http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/george-rr-martins-nightflyers-picked-up-pilot-at-syfy-1016296

And where the hell is their adaptation of Hyperion? It was announced at the same time as Childhood’s End, The Expanse and The Magicians, and nothing yet!

I wonder if they would take the same approach - basically being a completely faithful adaptation - or if they would do something more like what the other Watchmen projects had been trying and update it to contemporary times. With George Bush Sr. still President and a Soviet Union that never collapsed, for example.

As far as speculative fiction, I’m looking forward to watching this when I get the chance.

I think that’d be cool. But I suspect that especially with a series they’d go for the eighties - that kind of thing has been popular, what with The Americans and such.