millarworld.tv Comics Creators

Television News & Miscellany

Diablo Cody is adapting Caitlin Moran’s Raised by Wolves for the US, produced by Greg Berlanti:

http://www.theguardian.com/media/2016/may/24/caitlin-moran-raised-by-wolves-us-juno-diablo-cody?CMP=share_btn_tw

No word on where it would air. The original series is fun.

I assume the title will change, as it doesn’t make sense without the Wolverhampton connection.

Biggest news ever - Netflix Buys Millarworld!! :)
The Television News Thread
The Television News Thread

Help save Galavant. https://vimeo.com/167835629

Petition link for fans to sign: ipetitions.com/petition/more-galavant

Vote for Galavant: blog.peopleschoice.com/2016/05/16/which-canceled-tv-series-2016-most-deserves-another-season-poll/

I think the implication of the phrase is fine, with out without the connection.

Never having watched it, I had no idea where it was set.

Maybe it’s a rights issue? Like, they paid the rights to the songs playing with the trailers only for the US? Something like that?

Because otherwise it’s really hard to fathom why this kind of thing happens.

EXCLUSIVE: Rob Lowe in Talks to Join Kelly Ripa as Co-Host on ‘Live!’

Six seasons a solid run. Glad it has a set end date so the showrunners can plot it all out just how they want. I’ve no reason to expect it to be less than great.

Well Limitless has officially been cancelled. Pretty disappointing, it was a fun show.

HBO’s Ambitious ‘Westworld’ Confirmed For Fall Debut

Despite a production shutdown and serious doubts, we’re now assured HBO’s ambitious “Westworld” will air … sometime this fall.

The cable network confirmed as much this afternoon with an announcement trumpeting the 10-episode “dark odyssey about the dawn of artificial consciousness and the evolution of sin.”

Inspired by the 1973 film of the same name by Michael Crichton, the sci-fi thriller is created by Jonathon Nolan and Lisa Joy, who serve as executive producers alongside J.J. Abrams and Bryan Burk.

Here’s how HBO describes the series: “Set at the intersection of the near future and the reimagined past, it explores a world in which every human appetite, no matter how noble or depraved, can be indulged.”

The ensemble cast includes Anthony Hopkins, Ed Harris, Evan Rachel Wood, James Marsden, Thandie Newton, Jeffrey Wright, Tessa Thompson, Sidse Babett Knudsen, Jimmi Simpson, Rodrigo Santoro, Shannon Woodward, Ingrid Bolsø Berdal, Ben Barnes, Simon Quarterman, Angela Sarafyan, Luke Hemsworth and Clifton Collins Jr.
http://spinoff.comicbookresources.com/2016/05/26/hbos-ambitious-westworld-confirmed-for-fall-debut/

I’ll give it a shot. I hope it’s better than Vinyl. That was a big disappointment.

And the re-vsion of ‘The Prisoner’ a few years ago didn’t work either.

But ‘BSG’ did, ‘Fargo’ is a success, ‘Hannibal’ won people over and who can forget the awesomeness that was 'Highlander: The Series (really, I was a fan!).

So I’ll give this a go.

I think the reason Fargo has worked so well is that it didn’t try to recreate the movie but strove to capture its spirit. Everything ties together but you can watch the movie and each season independently and still have a complete experience.

I think that’s a good approach. from what I’ve seen of the HBO ‘Westworld’ it’s an expansion of the films, rather than a remake, and spends more time with the robots as well as the humans.

So I’m intrigued one where they’re taking this. I also wonder what they’ve changed after the shutdown?

I think Westworld is potentially a brilliant concept for a series; I’ll definitely watch this. Hope it’ll be great.

As for the shutdown… with Game of Thrones’ days counted, the pressure must be high at HBO to produce the Next Big Thing. I’m hoping they’re striving for perfection because they want Westworld to be that.

Nice. I just watched the 10th episode of season 4 last night, thinking it was the season finale. It ended and my wife and I were like “what, that was a weak finale”. How happy I was to realize there were 3 more episodes to the season.
talking about the americans, guess i haven’t fully figured out how this site works. Wait, maybe i did, this is confusing me, sorry. Haha

Anyone waiting for more ‘True Detective’ may have to find something else to watch. From an article on HBO’s new chief of programming;

While juggernaut Game of Thrones and the final season of Damon Lindelof’s Peabody-winning drama The Leftovers shouldn’t require too much of Bloys’ time, other decisions, including the fate of True Detective, now fall to him. (HBO sources suggest a new project from creator Nic Pizzolatto is more likely.)
http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/buzz-hbos-new-programming-chief-897182

‘Roots’ Reboot: The Reason Original Kunta Kinte Actor LeVar Burton Took Part

Keri Russell and Matthew Rhys Welcome Their First Child

Thanks to Millarworld conditioning I initially read that as Kurt Russell.