I’m envious.

5 Likes

6 Likes

Good news, Star Wars fans: Lightsaber dueling is now an official sport

https://mashable.com/article/lightsaber-dueling-sport-in-france/#qx3Dw4sOFPqA

Obviously they have never met Todd.

6 Likes

I wonder what Todd did…

I’m not sure, but apparently it had something to do with a three-bladed light saber.

2 Likes

I don’t know how many times I have to say this but I swear I thought those were the droids I was looking for.

2 Likes

The sign is still UP, Todd!

1 Like

It’s a little-known fact that Greedo’s first name was Todd.

Hope that explains things…

2 Likes

Those REALLY weren’t the droids I was looking for.

1 Like

You mean to tell me that Greedo’s first name isn’t Greedo!? :dizzy_face:
You’re worse than George Lucas, man.

2 Likes

Did Todd shoot first then?

2 Likes

Topher Grace had a free weekend;

2 Likes

Topher Grace has a lot of free weekends.

7 Likes

Well let’s be honest, if that’s his hobby he probably can’t get a date, soooo…

I actually don’t think that was particularly good…

1 Like

No worries, it’s not like he’s a personal friend or anything.

1 Like

https://www.reddit.com/r/StarWarsLeaks/comments/avw1wz/tie_echelon_from_galaxys_edge_and_maybe_ix/?utm_content=title&utm_medium=post_embed&utm_name=46461515fdb34b5698e476db300c91fe&utm_source=embedly&utm_term=avw1wz

1 Like

“We’re moving outside of the attraction queues,” said Kelsey McCullough, manager of digital at Disney Parks, “and we’re bringing guests not just into the stories of the attractions, but the stories of the entire land.” The app becomes your Star Wars datapad upon entering Galaxy’s Edge, with several features that will help you explore, learn, and have your own adventure. These include the Translate function, which can translate the languages of those around you or written text that you might find on a wall; Hack, which will allow you to access a droid’s memory; and Scan, which is a decryption key. You can even send galactic texts to a character, like Hondo Ohnaka, who might have a job for you. Even better, one device can be shared among friends and family, and all can have unique experiences with it. “The land was designed to be interactive from the outset, “said McCullough. In that interaction, authenticity was essential, and the teams worked hard to imbue that authenticity into all aspects of Galaxy’s Edge.

‘Galaxy’s Edge’ sounds like it’s more an experience based attraction, like ‘Secret Cinema’. Some of it at least is based on interacting with people in character who will direct visitors to the various workshops, cafes and even the rides.

Theme parks have relied on queues and maintaining a regulated flow of visitors so it’ll be interesting to see how this new (to them) approach works?