millarworld.tv Comics Creators

Star Wars Movie Thread

Nah pistol fights.

I think of a lot of us would.

It’s also an area that has previously been very successful as both comics and video games.

Yeah, fans have been hoping for some kind of adaptation of this for a long time.

Yep. One of DHC’s biggest ever errors was axing that series at #50, it could have easily kept on going.

I do wonder though whether it has now been so well-explored in other media that it actually makes a live-action adaptation less likely - they might rather go for something with less baggage, something completely fresh.

Exciting Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge news from Destination D

Earlier today, Disney Parks, Experiences and Consumer Products Chairman Bob Chapek shared some exciting news about Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge at D23’s Destination D event at Walt Disney World Resort. During his presentation, Bob shared two videos, which for the first time ever, revealed the names of the two major attractions that will be part of Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge on opening day at Disneyland and Disney’s Hollywood Studios.

The Last Jedi spoilers in the video.

Where the point of the video is concerned: Yeah, no.

I mean, yes, I did also think that back than, that if this is what happens then logically everybody should be using hyperspace bombs by just engineering ships that jump into the really big stuff.

So yeah, it’s a bit of a logical problem, but it’s not one of the things that anybody (apart from, apparently, one guy that calls himself Thor Skywalker) cares about, let alone one that “broke the franchise”.

It does sort of open a massive can of worms in that one of the things that makes Star Wars Star Wars is the masusive warships. It was literally the first thing you saw in 1977 after you bought your ticket.

But if those ships can so easily be taken out by hyperspace ramming a much smaller ship into them, it pretty much makes those giant ships useless. All you would need to do is autopilot an X-Wing into a Star Destroyer, and it’s toast.

Considering that the Star Wars universe has been capable of space travel for thousands of years, one would think someone would have figured this ou before now. Even the Death Star could have been shredded by pointing an empty freighter or transport at its center and kerblooey.

It’s generally best to shut off the physics part of your brain when watching Star Wars. The AT-ATs might look cool as hell, but those things could get toppled by a stiff breeze.

But the Holdo Maneuver was presented as a critical plot point, and that really starts to raise questions among the audience.

They put a TIE fighter through the bridge of one during Return of the Jedi and that seemed to work out pretty well.

Edit: It was an A-Wing and a Super Star Destroyer. My point still stands though.

By itself, that wouldn’t have taken out the Executor, however, being close to the Death Star 2’s gravity well did!

Anyone remember the Star Wars holiday special from the 70’s?

The first appearance of Boba Fett in a cartoon segment…

No one does Al. You just think you do, but reality was re-woven and it doesn’t exist.

I don’t even remember what Star War is

Noticed Last Jedi and Solo were on digital sale for ten bucks each. Never saw SW products take such a dive. Yeah, I’m still flat-out angry at TLJ for screwing the franchise.

It sounds weird. I mean, how would Stars go to war? Doesn’t seem like a thing that should be a thing.

I assume it’s like how the Milky Way and Andromeda galaxies are going to collide in the future