millarworld.tv Comics Creators

Star Wars Movie Thread

ANH was 2 Presidents after Nixon. :wink:

Lucas was pretty involved in car culture. He used to race underground. The Millennium Falcon is a hot rod in the vein of the early bootleggers that led to NASCAR.

That’s what it should be until some fuckwit decided explaining the origin of every single aspect of the franchise would somehow be a good idea.

I actually kind of like the idea that it was intended to be a tug. It’s like the guys that dropped bigger motors into cars they were never intended for.

I think it fits a little that Lando would want to keep it nice but Han doesn’t give a shit. We’ve all seen how some people treat their cars versus others. I do hope they preserve the fact that Lando meant for it to be a sleeper.

As long as it’s a good explanation…hot rod is an explanation. So some explanations are good, others bad.

I do agree Han and Chewie look like terrible slobs now, letting the Falcon deteriorate like that. That’s pretty damn stupid. Are people even using their brains making these movies?

Greased Lightning with Richard Pryor. Did I get that right? Bootlegger to race driver?

Damn. Okay, i got Nixon on my mind. Watched most of Burns’ Vietnam War again and it’s had me riled for days. I wanted to beat on him then, and I want to beat on him now. (When ANH came out I was in one of those relationships where one does not pay attention to much else.)

Heh. Guess that’s what the car i learned to drive in might have been. Supposedly a sedan, this was used by California Highway Patrol as a high-speed interceptor.

They never did manage to intercept me!

Yes, TLJ was just a bummer all the way through. The good guys mostly get killed off. Luke, everyone’s childhood hero, has turned into Frank Gallagher. The bad guys triumph. Carrie Fisher died.

Not that the movie caused Carrie Fisher’s passing, or they knew it was going to happen, but it’s a case of real life intruding that put a big dark cloud over an already dour and depressing movie.

You had a very different experience with TLJ than I did. As much as I love (and grew up with) the original cast and trilogy, I’m fully invested in Rey, Finn, Kylo, and Poe for this series, and I loved where they were left at the end of the film.

Is it time for rankings again? I’ve got:

1. Empire Strikes Back
  2. New Hope
  3. Return of the Jedi
  4. The Last Jedi
  5. Attack of the Clones
  6. The Phantom Menace
  7. The Force Awakens
  8. Rogue One
  9. Revenge of the Sith

I would be pleasantly surprised if Solo came in higher than the ten spot, but we’ll see! It’s crazy that in a few months we’ll be able to have a top ten.

1: Empire
2: Hope
3: Return of the Jedi
4: Rogue One
5: Force Awakens

Not seen TLJ or Sith, The other Prequels shouldn’t be considered movies.

1. Hope
  2. Empire
  3. Clones
  4. ROTJ
  5. ROTS
  6. TFA = TPM
  7. Rogue One

Haven’t seen TLJ.

I wonder who that was? :thinking:

coughmidichlorianscough

Maybe it’s cause I’m young, but Midichlorians always made sense to me.
The way it’s described - it’s mold.

Mold is everywhere.

1: The Empire Strikes Back
2: A New Hope
3: Return of the Jedi

That’s all I have.

1. Star Wars (that’s what “Episode IV” was called when I saw it)
  2. The Empire Strikes Back
  3. Return of the Jedi
  4. Rogue One
  5. The Last Jedi
  6. The Force Awakens
  7. all the prequels, I can’t even remember what happened in each one so impossible to separate them
  8. Uh, the animated stuff, I can’t remember that much about it except it had a stupid way of drawing beards.

Mitochondria. :wink:

Gesundheit.