millarworld.tv Comics Creators

Star Wars Movie Thread

But this time, I am the…

Precisely my thought.

Cocks and porgs

The way Star Wars is going Red Dwarf needs to take the mick out of it with a Smega-class Star Destroyer.

What a guy!

As if by magic, the latest episode of Red Dwarf has a great parody of the opening shot of ANH.

https://www.empireonline.com/movies/star-wars-group/ron-howard-reveals-new-characters-han-solo-spin/

Yes, that’s Tag and Bink, characters created by Kevin Rubio for the Star Wars comics published by Dark Horse. The pair acts as a sort of Rosencrantz and Guildenstern of the galaxy far, far away, commenting on events and occasionally, accidentally influencing them.

On screen, they’ll be played by the film’s co-writer Jon Kasdan and first assistant director Toby Hefferman, seen in the picture with Howard. “I’m a huge fan and I had to get ’em in there, and then had to play it myself (with Toby Hefferman) to do it justice,” Kasdan said in a Tweet to Rubio after the writer learned of the news.

I have high hopes that Ron Howard is having some fun again. When he has fun, he’s a terrific director. But do not distract Opie!

Just when you thought you couldn’t love Carrie Fisher any more:

hashtag feminism

I was just about to post that same article…

Fair play Carrie Fisher.

Folks forget Carrie’s dad was Eddie Fisher. Now, Fisher was a Depression-era kid from the big city. He was not formal Rat Pack, but he was in early Las Vegas (and all that means). Carrie let the slob off easy.

Potential spoilers for Last Jedi (although could just as well be misdirection)

Edit from gar: @JRCarter if things in films and comics are pointing to upcoming story elements please hide behind spoiler tags. Some people like to go in completely unspoiled and it is easy to do.

FB_IMG_1508500489129

If they would have named him that then he might have been more in tune with the Force.

In the Force Awakens, he certainly struck a chord.