millarworld.tv Comics Creators

Star Wars Movie Thread

I agree, but in terms of plot specifics I feel like we’re fairly unspoiled.

I would blame whatever fools put the trailer together. :wink:

What a pack of fools!

BFI Imax, which is the main Imax in London, is already almost sold out for the first week.

Anders won’t be Hercules disappointed.

As well as the usual 0:05 screening, one of the cinemas here has showings at 06:30 and 07:30 in the morning, which I’ve never seen before.

The last scene of the trailer gave quite a lot away if you haven’t been paying attention to the publicity around the movie.

There are lots of sections of the trailer that seem to have been edited quite carefully to imply certain things, but I’m not sure all of them show what they appear to show. :slight_smile:

M[quote=“DaveWallace, post:2397, topic:5618, full:true”]

There are lots of sections of the trailer that seem to have been edited quite carefully to imply certain things, but I’m not sure all of them show what they appear to show. :slight_smile:
[/quote]

You think in the last scene Rey was talking to Luke and they cut to a shot of Kylo holding out his hand to Snoke?

They are still being careful, one of the fools that made the trailer advised us the ‘international’ version is delayed a little because there was one microsecond that if freeze framed could give something away.

I was just being a little cheeky with David, I get what he meant—the trailer offers questions but not answers. But if you haven’t been following the press, and/or forget that these films are just xeroxes of what’s come before, it might be a plot spoiler that she’s so tempted by the dark side.

To be fair, these trailers will be freeze framed to death and every microsecond analyzed. A Star Wars film managing to surprise people is a Herculean feat.

I did slow it down and grabbed a screenshot of the freeze frame it before they took it down, and have a look—it appears what happened is that in one shot a crew member was apparently standing in the frame, holding a beverage of some kind no less. Embarrassing.

16 AM

Isn’t that one of the Porgs?

Yes but at least they are fully aware.

We won’t know until we see it how much the trailer really reveals. The last one contained misdirection on Luke’s presence in the film. It leaves it ambiguous as to who the Jedi will be (by showing Rey only using a blaster and Finn with a lighsabre).

It wouldn’t surprise me at all if some of those clips are shown deliberately out of sequence and don’t quite reveal what we think they may be.

I thought that was one of those charged combat baton type things that he fought the other Stormtrooper with in the previous film.

I’m talking about the trailer to The Force Awakens. It contains a decent amount of misdirection.

For the very anal freeze frame types it also lingers on Finn’s face when the word ‘Jedi’ is mentioned.

Yes, the TFA trailers were very careful to only show Finn holding the lightsaber, and didn’t show Rey with it at all. Even the toys didn’t bundle a lightsaber with her until after the film came out, to preserve the surprise.