millarworld.tv Comics Creators

Star Wars Movie Thread

Wow, that is quite the list - how useful that I have it preordered.

Curious about Snoke… I had assumed that he was an alien, though in that photo he looks like a horrifically scarred human. Saw a couple of side-by-side images comparing Snoke to Terence Stamp, implying that he might be Chancellor Valorum. Probably just a coincidence; a while back people were thinking Snoke was a grown-up Ezra Bridger.

SPOILERY IMAGE FOLLOWS:

Here’s the comparison…

I think the other image from TFA has been around a while, but the other one is new.

Some people still seem to be pushing the Tarkin theory - the new image looks a bit like a scarred, twisted version of him, if you squint. And it would give a little more justification for him being used so prominently in Rogue One.

To be honest though I think the new photo doesn’t really add anything to the theorising. There are still some wacky ideas out there.

Is that Jasper Carrot?

Yes.

That would be very interesting casting if true. It would tie Snoke in with well… absolutely nothing. Just putting it in spoiler tags to fuck with folks. Maybe Snoke presents the best left forgotten gameshow Goldenballs in the Star Wars universe.

Apparently they’re recasting Palpatine with Robert Powell, so it makes sense.

Wonderful actor, love to see him get a good role on the big screen again but… I haven’t seen that rumour. Is there a link? Why would they recast?

3f1924479f989402994c54cc7aedabacdad50990

Jaysus! :laughing:

:rofl:

DISNEY, LUCASFILM ORDER NEW DRAFT OF “STAR WARS: EPISODE IX” SCRIPT FROM “WONDER” SCRIBE JACK THORNE

British scribe Jack Thorne, who wrote the upcoming Jacob Tremblay movie Wonder, has been hired to rewrite Colin Trevorrow’s STAR WARS: EPISODE IX for Disney and Lucasfilm, the Tracking Board has confirmed.

Trevorrow and his writing partner Derek Connolly penned the most recent draft of the script. which despite rumors, is not believed to have been based on a treatment written by Star Wars: The Last Jedi director Rian Johnson.

Daisy Ridley is set to return, and we’ll see if John Boyega, Oscar Isaac and Adam Driver live long enough to join her. Production is slated to start in January in advance of the film’s global release on May 24, 2019.

Thorne has created several British TV shows, but more recently, he had a hand in BBC’s adaptation of Philip Pullman’s fantasy series His Dark Materials. He’s represented by UTA, and the Hollywood Reporter broke the news of his hiring.
http://www.tracking-board.com/disney-lucasfilm-order-new-draft-of-star-wars-episode-ix-script/

When I saw this last night I was like “He’s hardly a ‘wonder’ scribe?!” Then I realized he’d recently written a film called Wonder. :joy:

It’s not very “Star Wars” at all but he’s got some cracking work on his CV. Including one of my favourite TV episodes.

Which one?

“Chris” on Skins.

I haven’t watched much Skins, but I have seen that. Yeah, that was very good.

I know this is nepotism, but I’ve always liked Clint;

Clint Howard Will Appear in Han Solo Movie

Ron Howard is coming through for his brother one more time.

It appears Clint Howard will have at least a cameo in the upcoming Star Wars Han Solo spinoff, according to the director.

“Please tell me you have a role for Clint,” Twitter user Andylove said, replying to one of Ron’s teaser photos from the set.

"You won’t be disappointed," the director responded Wednesday.

Clint — who like his older brother was a child actor appearing in such shows as Gentle Ben and Star Trek — has had a cameo or role in a number of Ron’s films. One of his best performances was as NASA engineer Seymour Liebergot in Apollo 13.

Clint has also starred in a number of B horror movies.

–SNIP–

Cool. Why not? Since there has always been nepotism and favor, why not just leave it right there in the open?