millarworld.tv Comics Creators

Star Wars Movie Thread

Yeah, but he’s a suave motherfucker. And had been a movie star for a decade before Empire

They have stars for different categories. Lin-Manuel’s is for music and perfomrance. He also has a Pulitzer Prize, 3 Tony Awards, 2 Grammys, an Emmy, has been nominated for an Academy Award and is the the recipient of a MacArthur Fellowship. As much as Hamill is one of my favorites of all time and I agree that he should have had one a long time ago, Miranda far outshines him on the achievement level even in film. He’s also likely just getting started.

Edit: I almost forgot. He also has Star Wars cred. He composed a song for The Force Awakens. :wink:

• Grammies aren’t real awards

• Force Awakens is not a real Star Wars movie

(Point taken about Lin-Manuel however, although it seems early to give him a star)

That’s fair. If it helps, he’s a genuinely nice guy and works hard for the people around him.

Jeez, where’s my star then?

In that hearts of all Millarworlders. :wink:

A star is a promotional device, it’s not like a regular award, they’re nearly always issued to help promote a new movie, TV show, album or whatever.

Why is he getting one now? Episode VIII is why.

Well, first you have to be a genuinely nice guy and work hard for the people around you…

I’d be nicer if you weren’t all dicks!

Point of order! Ronnie doesn’t speak for all Millarworlders! :smirk:

Because that one guy who forgot Ep VIII was coming out will be reminded when he hears about Hamill’s star :wink:

This thread has suddenly become about completely different star wars.

Strange isn’t it, but you can say that about any part of the promotion of a project.

A star costs $40k and Disney will have paid for Hamill’s.

Considering what they spend on releasing a movie it’s bargain, as it’ll get covered all over the net and other media.

Actually it’s in my job description. :wink:

• Moderators will speak for all Millarwordlers of rank below them except when specifically employing the phrase, “I can’t speak for everyone but…” followed by what is then meant to be taken as solely the opinion of said moderator.

If they were making Star Wars Monopoly, then the pieces should have been things like a Dewback, a Rebel on a Tauntaun, Darth Vader’s melted helmet, an X-Wing fighter, a lightsaber, Han’s blaster, R2-D2, and Luke’s landspeeder.

This is exactly why folks make their own board games!

Movie News and Trailers - Hollywood Hype

Oooh. Lots of interesting looking stuff in there.