millarworld.tv Comics Creators

Star Trekkin' Across the Universe: Picard is Pic-back

That could be interesting

Sounds like they’re ripping off Orville now.

Just started DS9 season four last night. Loads to love about the feature length episode - Klingons, station upgrades, action scenes, Gurak and Dukat team up, tension, Worf, “Nice hat” - and its great to see the Dominion threat heat up but my favourite moment has to be this:

That’s easily one of the five best scenes in all of Star Trek.

It’s funny to think that it was only recorded just to fill in time during the episode too.

So much to love about that ep:

Martok - Gets a great intro
Worf - Liked how he deals with Drax, beats the shit out of him
The station versus a Klingon fleet - Much arse is kicked

And then, of course, Gowron’s final line, complete with death stare.

Gowron’s best scenes are every scene he appears in.

My STNG rewatch almost ground to a halt in the latter run of episodes of season 3, with Tin Man being the main culprit.

I’ve tried to watch this about 7 or 8 times now and fell asleep every single time, although to be fair I have been in my bed at the time.

Trying again on the big tv downstairs and I found myself picking up my phone within minutes.

These Betazoid guys and/or potential love interests for Troi are just boring as fuck.

Finished absolute fucking shite, so glad to get that out the way so I can move onto Hollow Pursuits an epsiode I’m really fond of

What always bugged me is that they did not act as empaths might. Always RE-active, never active. Not at all the way a society of empaths would develop. I’m wondering, Chris, if there isn’t an element of spinelessness in their behavior that’s irritating to you (and me). Betazeds seem, I dunno, unnecessarily wimpy?

It has been a very long time since I’ve seen Tin Man, and maybe only seen it two or three times.
But it does strike me as odd that the internet seems to hate that episode.
I remember liking it. Critiques of pacing would be fair, but the “finding his calling” ending worked for me.
(Maybe I just needed to see somebody ‘win’?)

That’s from memory though. Early 90’s? I was still smoking pot back then, maybe about the time I just went through a break-up, with being unemployed.
And we didn’t have what we have now.
But that’s just making excuses.

Probably nothing I want to go “to bat” for, but how could I be so wrong?
I am willing to accept all comments…
(weight given to those that agree with me on MoS)

I don’t think “The Tin Man” is appreciably worse than any of the other dozens of dreadful TNG episodes.

Don’t get me wrong, I love TNG, but I can go the rest of my life without watching half of the episodes again.

I flagged it because I just couldn’t get past the first 10 - 20 minutes despite numerous attempts.

Ita maybe a bit different for me because I enjoy the cast and characters so much that I don’t have the same level of disdain for the first 2 serious of TNG that others do - mostly borne from nostalgia.

I obviously had the same problem in previous efforts to watch Tin Man over the years because I remember almost nothing about it.

As bad as Tin Man may be its no where near as bad as the Space Irish episode.

While we’re talking TNG I decided to make Worf’s finest moment the subject of my latest linocut.

(that doesn’t involve brutal hand to hand combat with the Jem’hadar)

Heh.

I suppose I should edit the above to “Worf’s finest TNG moment” because he’s been fucking brilliant in DS9.

Only 20? Huh, amateurs.