millarworld.tv Comics Creators

Star Trekkin' Across the Universe: Picard is Pic-back

I for one welcome our new Tilly overlords

That’s Captain Killy to you.

Well that’s just awful

I will always be very proud to have been a part of Star Trek: The Next Generation , but when we wrapped that final movie in the spring of 2002, I truly felt my time with Star Trek had run its natural course. It is, therefore, an unexpected but delightful surprise to find myself excited and invigorated to be returning to Jean-Luc Picard and to explore new dimensions within him. Seeking out new life for him, when I thought that life was over.

During these past years, it has been humbling to hear many stories about how The Next Generation brought people comfort, saw them through difficult periods in their lives or how the example of Jean-Luc inspired so many to follow in his footsteps, pursuing science, exploration and leadership. I feel I’m ready to return to him for the same reason – to research and experience what comforting and reforming light he might shine on these often very dark times. I look forward to working with our brilliant creative team as we endeavor to bring a fresh, unexpected and pertinent story to life once more.

This is like dream come true tv news - any ideas if this is just a mini series?

I think when this was first rumored it was just a miniseries but who knows if that’s changed at this point?

Picard is back… maybe an admiral training the next next generation, maybe as Indiana Picard, space archeologist, who knows. :slight_smile:

I’m just glad we’re finally getting something set post-Voyager/Nemesis.

I predict he’ll show up on Discovery now, having been sent back in time.

See how Picard, set a month before Nemesis, builds the buggy, facing new challenges as he fulfills his childhood dream of being a mechanic.

For all I like what the books have done with Picard, it’s going to be fun to see how the series pans out.

And unlike a, ahem, certain other series, I get to have both the books and the new series!

Great news!

Just don’t screw it up.

I too am excited yet apprehensive.

Shit, I know exactly what’s going to happen - he’ll be the Captain who’s been waiting patiently on Vulcan for discovery to show up

Vice Admiral Picard is going to be the Commandant of Starfleet Academy in a “Star Trek: Academy” series.

The cast of Starfleet cadets will include an Orion female, an Andorian female, and a Romulan displaced after the destruction of Romulus. In addition to Picard, expect occasional guest spots from characters from TNG, DS9, and VOY.

(That’s my Star Trek pitch.)

I’m still holding out hope for a Neelix mini series.

And Picard will contact them from Earth, via communicator… Picard’s Angels

I thought Picard was in a hover chair and telepathic?