millarworld.tv Comics Creators

Star Trek: Discovery - Series 2 and tie-in media discussion (spoilers for s2e14)

Very good interview. I hope he gets a bit more time in the next season of ‘Game of Thrones’.

1 Like

A Star Trek fan film, with a $250,000 budget has raised… $266,000 already, and still has 21 days to go;

Such an underrated actor who just does not get enough work, imo. Hopefully they do give him more screen time next season. They certainly hinted that he may have been the one pulling the strings behind the scenes in Dorne. At least I think they did?

I haven’t got that far in GOT. That’s something to look forward to.

He mentioned Kingdom of Heaven as well, which I think is spectacular. Well, the director’s cut anyway.

1 Like

If you haven’t seen it, he was very good in Syriana as well

I genuinely prefer the theatrical cut. Most of the restored scenes and dialogue in the director’s cut are pretty clumsy. Balian explaining his work history, Sybilla’s son etc. are interesting ideas but they’re not handled very well IMHO.

I found the theatrical cut to be a little disappointing when I saw it. And I only saw it once, so forgive me if I’m doing it a disservice. I just found it a little disjointed. Character motivations didn’t quite work. Some characters disappeared without any good reason. However, I have only seen it once and that was when the film was originally released, so I am more than willing to be give it another shot.

And I prefer the Blade Runner original theatrical cut to any one of the copious numbers of directors cuts, so it isn’t like I’m saying that Ridley gets it right every time. :wink:

Thanks for posting that Steve. After watching the pitch video and making a donation, I found the Prelude to Axanar short film they made last year. They obviously don’t have big SFX budgets, but I’m really impressed with the quality and the job they’re doing. Looking forward to Axanar now more than anything from the new Trek movie series.

https://scontent-lhr3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xfp1/v/t1.0-9/10613069_830791886966249_8766075241416934441_n.jpg?oh=1652e1d1f4e96ad6eae404f0c2d86355&oe=561226FD

3 Likes

Hope you enjoy this…

http://www.startreknewvoyages.com/

New uniforms?!?!

1 Like

New ‘Star Trek’ TV Series in the Works: http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/star-trek-tv-series-works-828638

The drama is set up at CBS Television Studios, where Kurtzman and Orci’s K/O Paper Products banner is under an overall deal. A search is under way for a writer to take on the cult hit. A network is not yet attached but the goal is for the potential series to be on the air late next fall on either cable or a streaming service, sources say. Should a new Star Trek series come together for next fall, it would air as the franchise is poised to celebrate its 50th anniversary as the original series debuted Sept. 8, 1966.

I don’t know why this needs to be on cable, but okay.

For all the explicit sex and violence I expect.

2 Likes

It’s going to be on CBS’s new VOD network, with only the pilot being shown on TV. http://tvline.com/2015/11/02/star-trek-new-tv-series-fall-2016/

[quote]It was announced on Monday that Alex Kurtzman, one of the producers of the current Star Trek film franchise (as well as a TV uberproducer), is shepherding the next small-screen iteration, to debut in January 2017 on CBS… before premiering all subsequent new episodes on CBS All Access, the network’s live streaming service.

Per CBS Television Studios, “The brand-new Star Trek will introduce new characters seeking imaginative new worlds and new civilizations, while exploring the dramatic contemporary themes that have been a signature of the franchise since its inception in 1966.”

“There is no better time to give Star Trek fans a new series than on the heels of the original show’s 50th anniversary celebration,” CBS Television Studios president David Stapf said in a statement. “Everyone here has great respect for this storied franchise, and we’re excited to launch its next television chapter in the creative mind and skilled hands of Alex Kurtzman, someone who knows this world and its audience intimately.”[/quote]

Despite not giving a damp about the last ST series Enterprise I’m cautiously optimistic about the thought of a new series on telly.

That seems like an invitation to piracy.

Still, a lot of people don’t pirate. They sign up for Netflix and Amazon, pick a cable and internet package and watch everything legitimately.

‘Game of Thrones’ is the most pirated show and still gets more than enough legitimate viewers to keep HBO happy.

True.

But when it’s a corporation with an actual free to air TV network that’s forcing you to get their premium* streaming service to watch it… it feels like they’re taking the piss a bit.

*I assume it’s a paid service. It’d be even weirder if it’s not. Relegating the first new Star Trek series in years to the internet for free would be like making Doctor Who an iPlayer exclusive.

1 Like

They’re leveraging their assets, and ‘Star Trek’ is definitely one of those.

And if it seems mercenary… well that’s because it is!

1 Like