millarworld.tv Comics Creators

Star Trek: Discovery - Series 1 and tie-in media discussion (spoilers abound)

I really like the update to the original series uniforms. Which makes it more annoying that Discovery hasn’t just been using them from the start. Rather than the boring jump suits.

I like those new colored uniforms. They’re a nice merger of the old and new designs.

The jumpsuits are cool. But that photo makes Saru look like he was photoshopped in

I believe you mean transported in.

Holodeck projection

Nice!

It looks like they’ve been working on making the dialogues a bit funnier, which is something the series could use.

As for all those potential new Trek shows - apparently, there won’t be one actually set in the future, eh? Man.

Looks good but “early 2019” !?

I don’t know how to break this to you, but the 23rd century is the future

I have to disagree. Seen from the 24th century, it is actually the past. And that is when this guy kicks all kinds of ass:

Yes, but we’re in the 21st century

Are we though?

But Star Trek wasn’t. It was in the 24th.

One of the new Trek projects is rumored to feature Patrick Stewart in some way, so presumably it takes place post-Nemesis.

Yup. We’re getting the shorts before that though.

https://trekmovie.com/2018/07/21/exclusive-alex-kurtzman-discusses-building-extended-star-trek-television-universe/

Michael Chabon is writting one of the shorts, starring Aldis Hodge as Craft, a man who finds himself the only human on board a deserted ship.

I think you’ll find there were at least two Star Treks that involved the 21st century.

Shorts?

Thanks, sounds like they could be good.

Note to self: Get round to reading Fear Itself.