millarworld.tv Comics Creators

Star Trek: Discovery - Series 1 and tie-in media discussion (spoilers abound)

According to Variety, the former One Mississippi creator and star will appear in several episodes as “Chief Engineer Denise Reno of the U.S.S. Hiawatha.” Near as we can tell, the ship doesn’t match any Star Trek stories outside of video games, but – as is tradition – has real-world counterparts.

Just a reminder that the first issue of Succession is coming out on Wednesday (confirmed by Diamond on the shipping list):

Star Trek Discovery Succession #1
(W) Mike Johnson, Kirsten Beyer (A/CA) Angel Hernandez
In this, the second Discovery miniseries from IDW Publishing, your favorite characters from the hit CBS All Access series dive into an adventure tied directly into the second half of the first season!
In Shops: Apr 18, 2018

I predict the DISCO series 2 opener will be a farcical comedy along the lines of Don’t Dress for Dinner, where events conspire to keep Sarek and Spock out of the same room at the same time for the entire episode.

If you listen hard enough you can just about hear the chuckles from the writer’s room as they lay down some epic dialogue about somebody being on a search for Spock.

Back in April of 2017 the task of the Enterprise making an appearance came to be and work was to start right away. The task started with the guideline that the Enterprise for Discovery had to be 25% different, otherwise production would have most likely been able to use the original design from the 60’s.

But that couldn’t happen so we took Jefferies’ original concepts and with great care tried to be as faithful as possible. We had the advantage of a ten-year gap in Trek history to retro the ship a bit with elements that could be removed and replaced somewhere in the time frame of Discovery and the Original series.

Hold on, is that where the term “Jefferies tubes” comes from?!

Yes

Huh, I learnt something new today then.

Oh, my bet is he is not onboard. He took advantage of Sarek’s trip to Earth to take some shore leave on Vulcan and visit his mother.

From the article:

episode 2 will have Anson Mount as Pike and a young Spock that we’ll see in flashbacks

I was referring to the possibility of current Spock appearing, not the flashback one.

Great - looking forward to that the first Discovery mini series was excellent

Preview for tomorrow’s issue… interesting.

(Abd btw, there is is still one more issues of Light of Kahless to be released, it is running late)

Succession #1 - Well, that was unexpected.