millarworld.tv Comics Creators

Star Trek: Discovery - Series 1 and tie-in media discussion (spoilers abound)

Scotty was field-testing tech for Section 31. Given Kirk’s captaining style, they knew there were be ample opportunities to try the tech out. :wink:

Scotty had his own way of maintaining his reputation;

:wink:

That’s dumb.

Are you unfamiliar with Star Trek fans?

Generally I have this tendency to be irked by dumb fans of all persuasions, currently it’s Wars fans who really do appear to think along the lines of ‘cops cause criminals, therefore let’s get rid of cops’.

I’m aware there’s a strata of Who fans who’d drive me nuts too.

Basically, any engagement from me would end up like a Doom level. Very messy.

I read Star Trek Discovery: The Light of Kahless issue 3, this morning.

This has been a great mini series that adds real texture and depth to the main Klingon characters, their houses and the general Klingon status quo of the Discovery timeline.

I’d actually go as far as to say it’s a must buy for any of you who want further immersion in the Discovery canon.

I can’t recommend it highly enough - funnily enough, even though the Klingons really annoyed me when speaking in their own language, particularly at the beginning of the show - I’ve found a real benefit to being able to ‘hear’ their voices as I read this.

On an unrelated note - now that the full Discovery series is available, should we change the name to a more generic Discovery title until season 2 starts? given that it will be mostly books, comics and news that will be released over the next 12 or so months.

Good idea

Drastic Measures

For anyone curious about Lorca differs from his Mirroverse counterpart, this story is essential.

What it boils down to is this: Mirrorverse Lorca would not give a shit about the Tarsus IV horror. If anything, he’d be wholly in favour of it. That tells you all you need to know.

The book is a well-done examination of a crisis and how people respond to it, in both the good and the bad.

It bodes well for the next novel, Fear Itself, which will focus on Saru.

Drastic Measures is next novel in my to read list once I finish the one im reading now, its lying on the bedside table stack.

Glad to hear it again adds depth to the seriesz

And then there is that extra thing too.

Anson Mount is set to play Captain Christopher Pike of the U.S.S. Enterprise. Production for the sophomore season of the CBS All Access series will begin later this month.

I think this is the first Disco character who was also in the Abrams movies, where he was played by Bruce Greenwood.

I’m liking the sound of Season 2.

Especially the idea of Section 31 being active. That alone would take out the problems I had with final episodes after the Mirrorverse saga.

‘Star Trek: Discovery’ Casts Its Own Captain Pike With ‘Hell on Wheels’ and ‘Inhumans’ Star Anson Mount

The lauded predecessor to Captain Kirk on the USS Enterprise, Captain Pike has been a mainstay of Star Trek since the scrapped TV pilot for the original ’60s series. The new Pike will be played by former Hell on Wheels and Inhumans star Anson Mount.

The CBS All Access series has cast Anson Mount as its Captain Kirk, making Mount the fourth actor to take on the role, according to Entertainment Weekly.

And Mount has some big shoes to fill.

Captain Pike is one of the oldest characters in the Star Trek franchise. The initial pilot for the first Star Trek series featured Jeffrey Hunter as Captain Pike in the lead role, but after the pilot was rejected, the character was dropped in favor of Captain Kirk, played by William Shatner. But his legacy remained in Star Trek, with footage of Hunter’s Pike used in the two-part episode “The Menagerie,” which also resurrected Pike as a mutilated shadow of his former self played by Sean Kenney.

–SNIP–

Well, it’s not like we’re gonna get another season of Inhumans, so…

We’re not!

Also, the wife, Amanda. Technically Mudd was mentioned in Into Darkness (the comics prequel did a lame version of the encounter).

I’m doubly embarassed because I was even thinking about how Amanda was played by Wynona Rider in Star Trek while I was googling photos of Sarek.

Let’s not mention that particular miniseries… April! Another Enterprise! Mudd 2!

It was so awful, and even more disappointing because all the material IDW put out for the 2009 movie was relevant and exceptional.