Comics Creators

Star Trek: Discovery - discussing S01E15, "Will You Take My Hand?"

It’s from Star Trek, the XXX cut…Very little distributed.

I wrongly remembered the weird scene from Plato’s Stepchildren.
In actual fact, some small man rides Shatner like a horse.

Close enough, right? :wink:

One thing with TNG, was aside from Worf doing that Klingon kung fu of his and Picard’s fencing, the rest of the crew did art, classical music, Shakespearean scenes in the holodeck, and poetry recitals. Boring…

I mean remember in TOS when they had more fun, even Spock was jamming with those space hippies. :smile:

You would think that a hundred years later, they would be more adventurous. Just saying…

It’s a little-known fact, but that episode was ghost-directed by a young George Lucas.

Did you just make that up? :wink:

Netflix have confirmed they’ll have the new series outside the US:

Star Trekkin' Across the Universe: Discussing The Porgs

Superb news paul and thanks for sharing to confirm

Per the official CBS logline, “The brand-new Star Trek will introduce new characters seeking imaginative new worlds and new civilizations, while exploring the dramatic contemporary themes that have been a signature of the franchise since its inception in 1966.”

“We’ve got the arc of the first season entirely written, or arced out,” Fuller recently revealed to Collider, “and we’ve got the first six episodes entirely broken.”

The onetime Star Trek: Deep Space Nine and Voyager writer went on to say that his Trek would be telling just one story over the course of Season 1’s 13 episodes. As far as casting goes, he’s begun meeting with actors. “There’s a few people that we like,” he admitted, “and we want to carry on what Star Trek does best, which is being progressive.

“So it’s fascinating,” he continued, “to look at all of these roles through a colorblind prism and a gender-blind prism.”

Apparently they also announced that the ship would be the NCC-1031. Going by this table, that would put the series around the late 2200s or so:

So, probably after TOS, but before TNG, etc.

Actually it is 1031

The TV Vine article says NCC-1031, but that could be a typo

Check the teaser, it is there.

The ship reminds me of one of those Phase II / TMP sketchs for the revamped Enterprise, IIRC.

The @StarTrek account has confirmed that now:

The teaser is apparently not available. I can even see the link if I go to the Star Trek channel, but when I click in it’s unavailable

Video is geoblocked, annoyingly.

Weird, was able to see it, but now it is not available.

This is the design I mentioned:

(was able to download a copy, hope it is up again soon)

Yay! They got as far as my second piece of fanfic!

The CGI is very rough, for now.