millarworld.tv Comics Creators

Solicitations for May (w/Previews Text)

This is the thread for all comic companies solicits with a May sale date.
The first post will be updated regularly.
Can talk about it here, or take the discussion to the DC thread, the Marvel thread, or the Everyone Else thread.

Previous solicit threads: February, March, April

SOLICITATIONS FOR MAY

DC - at CBR, at Newsarama, at ComicsAlliance, at Continuum

Marvel - at CBR, at Newsarama, at IGN, at ComicsAlliance, at ComicBook.com, at Continuum, TP’s at Continuum

Image - at CBR, at Newsarama

Action Lab - at Continuum
Aftershock - at Continuum
Archie - at Continuum
Aspen - at Continuum
Bongo - at Continuum
Boom! Studios - at Continuum
Dark Horse - at CBR, at Continuum
Dynamite - at Newsarama, at Continuum
IDW - at CBR, at Continuum
Oni Press - at CBR, at Continuum
Titan - at Continuum
Valiant - at Newsarama, at Continuum
Zenescope - at Continuum

Diamond - Previews, Order Forms
Previews Text - at Staffars
Previews Text Archives - at Staffars

Solicitations for July 2016 (w/Previews Text)
The DC Comics Thread - Rebirth Incoming
Comics - Everyone Else (NOT Marvel / DC)
Solicitations for August 2016 (w/Previews text)
Solicitations for June 2016 (w/Previews Text)
Comics - Everyone Else (NOT Marvel / DC)

Tradewaiting

THE AUTUMNLANDS #12
INVINCIBLE #128
MONSTRESS #6
RAT QUEENS #17
REVIVAL #40
THE WALKING DEAD #154
DARK TOWER: THE DRAWING OF THE THREE - BITTER MEDICINE #2 (of 5)
EMPRESS #2 (of 7)

Pre-Order

SPAWN #264
SWITCH #6
THE DARKNESS: REBIRTH VOL. 1-3 SET TP for only 30 !!

SHANG-CHI: MASTER OF KUNG FU OMNIBUS VOL. 2 HC >> wowowowowo!!! I had no idea Marvel finally gotten around to this!!!

What??? I haven’t even received volume 1 yet! How can volume 2 be coming out in May?

No idea. I completely missed the Volume 1 announcement :frowning:

This suggests it is a quite significant typo!

http://www.amazon.com/Shang-Chi-Master-Kung-Fu-Omnibus-Vol/dp/130290129X/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1455738298&sr=8-1&keywords=Shang-Chi%3A+Master+of+Kung-Fu+Omnibus

No, it’s not a typo. Certain books in solicits are actually solicited for six months-ish from now rather than three - I think it tends to be the books that are printed in China and therefore have a longer lead time.

Most of the omnibuses fall into this category (which is why the Doctor Strange Omnibus, due around September time, is also included in the ‘May’ solicits).

Marvel have set out a plan to get the Master Of Kung-Fu omnibuses (there are going to be four) released in pretty short order - I believe partially because the rights are time-limited - so we’re getting two this year (and presumably another two next year), and this solicit is for the second one.

Separately, there’s also a first Deadly Hands of Kung Fu omnibus due out at the end of this year or early next.

For the same reason, that was in Marvel’s February 2016 solicits, even though it’s not coming out until late May.

Confusing, I know! :slight_smile:

Ah, that fits then - Volume 2 is likely out September, not yet on the likes of Amazon.

Yep, that’s it. Given that the solicits have just come out, I’d expect it to show up over the next few weeks.

Thanks guys, all becomes clear(ish) :slightly_smiling:

I pre-ordered vol 1 as soon as it appeared (which I think was before Christmas?) and was worried I’d missed the boat on volume 2.

I’ve never read the series before but on the strength of the previews I’ve seen I’m going to buy the first omnibus to try it. It looks like a bit of a lost gem from that era.

Good for you. It really is an amazing read and the fun part to me was the discovery that they way they had fun with panels and borders, that was a real discovery.

I grew up with comics in the 90s and always thought that the Image-guys were the ones breaking the mold but when I saw this stuff I knew there were folks already playing around with it years earlier!

I had a similar realisation when I first read the original Little Nemo and realised that Winsor McCay was doing that stuff almost a century ago. :slight_smile:

AMIGO COMICS: http://www.comicsforsinners.com/amigo-solicitations-may-2016-unleash-ends-dracon-has-a-new-case/