millarworld.tv Comics Creators

Solicitations for June

Solicitations for June

DC - at CBR, at Newsarama, at Comic Related, at Continuum, DC Collectibles at Continuum
Marvel - at CBR, at Newsarama, at Comic Related, at Continuum, TP’s at Continuum

Action Lab - at Continuum, at Comic Related
Afterburn - at Continuum
Archie - at Continuum, at Comic Related
Aspen - at Continuum
Boom! & Archaia - at CBR, at Comic Related
Bongo - at Continuum
Dark Circle - at CBR
Dark Horse - at CBR, at Continuum
Dynamite - at Continuum
Image - at CBR, at Newsarama, at Continuum
IDW - at CBR, at Continuum
Moonstone - at Continuum
Oni Press - at Continuum
Valiant - at Continuum, at Comic Related
Zenescope - at Continuum

Diamond - Previews - Order Forms
Previews Text - at Staffars
Previews PDF -
Previews Archives - Staffars

Solicitations for July
The DC Comics Thread
The Marvel Comics Thread
Solicitations for September (w/Previews text)
Comics - Everyone Else (NOT Marvel / DC)
Solicitations for August (w/Previews text)

Interesting - Absolute Batman: Court of Owls is set for end of October!

That’s interesting - I imagine it’ll sell well. And that first long arc is a good fit for an Absolute-length book.

I read Snyder and Capullo’s Batman digitally and I’m not sure I liked it well enough to ever reread it, though, so I think I’ll give it a miss.

DC Comics FULL June 2015 Solicitations

The DC Comics Thread

Observations about the full DC solicitations:

• Probably going to pick up We Are Robin #1, just because I’m intrigued about the premise. Of course, the others shoe is, how many issues until the first Robin dies?
    http://i.newsarama.com/images/i/000/144/544/original/dtc_cv41-1.jpg

• The new Batman looks to be related to Gotham’s police force. Note the red/blue lights on the chest (Batman/Superman #21 cover) and the back (Batman #41 cover), and the placement next to Bullock’s new Bat Task Force in the Detective Comics #41 cover above.

• Superman #41 wants us to believe his secret is out, but I’m not sure DC would let that out this early. One interesting thing: Superman’s immediate future will be steered by two Asian-American writers! Greg Pak is on Action Comics and Batman/Superman, while Gene Luen Yang is taking over Superman. Pretty cool.

• Justice League #41 kicks off Darkseid War. Hal Jordan is back. Zzzzzzz. A bit odd too, as Green Lantern #41 has Hal as the universe’s most wanted outlaw.

• The cast of Green Lantern: the Lost Army is John Stewart, Two-Six, Kilowog, and Arisia, meaning there’s no Kyle book! Nooooooooooo. There’s hints that he may pop up in Omega Men though.
    https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/15489076/crywarning.jpg

• Earth 2: Society is looking great. I’m a big fan of Power Girl taking over the S-Symbol in Earth 2, so I’m glad to see that extending to the reboot. I’ve enjoyed the general premise of Earth 2, even if the comic itself has been mad uneven.

• Weird, weird new changes in Teen Titans #9: a white martian (new version of Miss Martian?), Kid Flash is back, and Klarion has joined the team. Still a very middling title.
    http://i.newsarama.com/images/i/000/144/512/original/Dr-Fate_1.jpg

• New Dr. Fate! Yay! Levitz’ writing can go either way. Looks like we may get an Arabic or Middle Eastern character as the new Fate.

I am super curious about Yang on Superman. I loved American Born Chinese, it’s equal parts warm and funny, like my favorite Superman story, All-Star (though I suppose that’s more a trio of warm, funny, and apocalyptic, haha). I’ve been pulling away more and more from the monthly superhero game, but I might try this out.

A bunch of updates to the first post:

DC
Marvel
Afterburn
Archie
Boom! & Archaia
Bongo
Dark Circle
Dark Horse
IDW
Moonstone
Valiant

Some more additions. Previews Text & PDF’s should be soon.
I guess links don’t come through on the reply, so you’ll still have to scroll back up to the top.

Can anyone remember the other site that had that stuff? Staffars and something. I’m drawing a blank.

DC
Marvel
Action Lab
Afterburn
Archie
Aspen
Boom! & Archaia
Bongo
Dark Circle
Dark Horse
Dynamite
IDW