millarworld.tv Comics Creators

Sketch Book Blog

Just want to share my daily scribbles…the good and the bad lol as long as I’m drawing I know I’ll get better…

Super sketch inspired by the Legendary Joel Shuster

todays warm up sketches…

taking another break for fun…

Got distracted today with errands…needed another boost to start my pages

sticking to the theme of super women till the end of the week

I’ll let actual artists talk technique, but I’m digging the emotion and general feel. Everything else is details.

Thank you! I appreciate it! I wanna keep my art alive and more animated. I feel it gets too stiff and dead at times when I over render…

Loving the fat lines. Makes the work very distinctive.

Thank you so much! I appreciate it! I’m trying my best to make my own mark with a style that is me…I’m influenced by so many people some times I feel a little lost…but I think its getting there…

Lunch break sketch of Batwoman…was reading Greg Rucka and JH Williams run… at the suggestion of a buddy for interesting panel layouts…

Spider-Man’s SILK

Batgirl fun…was thinking of Adam West when I was doing this one…

Struggling today LOL needed another sketch break to stay fresh

Starting my new series of sketches.the Punisher.for the week…
Was thinking today while at church LOL that instead of doing pin ups to warm up…I’ll do a lose plot I come up with myself (Marvel Method) and just do a series of quick sequentials…3-4 panels max…under 15-30min…just to practice…
Here is page 01

Continuing my series of warm up sketches as Sequentials…Here is page 02 of the Punisher…its a lot of fun doing my warm ups this way…will definitely help me push my art and storytelling to new levels. I’ve been timing myself to get them done in under 1 hour…this was 45min…

was doing a lot script editing today on a new book I’m working on. Finally got to get to warm up for todays work.Here is page 03 of the Punisher I’m doing for fun and practice.

Continuing the Sequential sketch series on the Punisher…here is page 04…and now back to script writing and roughs for my 30 page book…

Here is page 05…I did some heavy panels on this sketch page to give some variety to my practice pages…tomorrow will try to experiment more with open borders…

Here is page 06…gotta around to the warm ups late today…I had a lot of plot issues with my new script on my other book LOL but I’m happy I got this sketch out of me today…sticking with my goal of 1 page a day.

Here is page 07…I kept to my deadline in practice for this series…since I had no real story for this LOL just a general idea…had a lot of thinking to do on this page on how to introduce the whole biker gang and not have it over power the whole page…I’m gonna continue with the punisher and team him up with this weeks character I wanted to practice on…and also to conclude this small storyline…

Todays up date was late…had a lot of writing and editing on my script for my book…I decided to reduce the page count to 22 instead of the 40…I felt it was a more realistic goal to get it done by the 15th…hopefully LOL
Here is todays sketch sequential series…continuing with the Punisher…and adding in the Ghost Rider Danny Ketch from the 90’s…

Trying my hand at comedic beats in a story…and my homage to a Kirby type of punch at the end…learning and growing…I’m loving the warm ups I’ve tasked myself with…and still reaching the goal of at least a page a day…I feel I’m getting slowly getting better with each page…and finding my own voice in my art and style of storytelling. I still need to be a little more brave though with trying new layouts …but for now I’m happy with a more structured tier style…

Working on experimenting with open borders on this page…having fun with Ghost Rider just putting a beating on the gang members LOL

Here is page 05 Punisher Ghost Rider team up…Yes Punisher is still in it LOL He will appear in the next page coming up…

Did 2 pages for fun today…

So cool, Mark!

Thanks Becca! I’m working on evolving …its getting there…

Pages 03 and 04 instantly made me think of this scene from Commando and that can only be a good thing!!!

LOL thanks Bruce! I love all of Arnolds movies!..one of my child hood heroes…to just be thought of in the same vein as those great action movies is a huge compliment to me! the comedic timing mixed with action is something I love in those films…I’m having a lot of fun doing these sketch sequentials…some are good some are not LOL but I’m happy getting the pages done to experiment with…

Here is my last page with Ghost Rider…didn’t know what to do with him so I just had him ride off…as I’ll be moving on to a new character for the week to team up with the Punisher… thanks for supporting me it means a lot to me!

Really nice stuff. Lots of movement and animation throughout. I’d recommend making sure you keep that energy and kinetic line work if you are going to be tightening the pages.

Thanks Chris! sorry for the late response…was busy trying to clean up my topcow contest art work…had to disconnect from the world till I got that done…it was due today…hopefully they like it…I made like so many changes on each page…then ended up going back with the originals LOL was a real hair puller LOL but I got it done in time…

I want to keep everything lose if possible to have that flow of movement for each character…I’ve been studying a lot of Disney artists…and comic artists like Goran Parlov his run on Starlight and Punisher really inspire me…and just recently started to look more at Chris Samnee…his run on Black Widow is pretty awesome too…

took one day off…just to read comics again LOLJust finished reading Jupiters Legacy Vol 1 trade…wow what a great book and art…inspired me to get back at it… gonna try and finish off the week with more sequential sketch experiments…Continuing my Punisher story…gonna try some car chase stuff on these next few pages…

fell behind on my goal of a page a day…but will make up for it tomorrow…will go for 5 pages LOL I still have yet to introduce the team up for this week…I have a cool idea in my mind on how I want to do it…hopefully it looks cool…

Continuing the car chase sequence with the bikers chasing Frank…I still have 2 more sketch pages to do today to reach my goal of 5 so I’ll be caught up on sketching for the week…was a lot of fun doing the car stuff…I’ve never tried it before…

reached my goal of catching up this week and exceeded it.5 decent rough pages…and my first car sequence was ok I think…tried to keep the action moving through out…

So here is the character reveal at the end for the team up …I would say the character this week was the van LOL so Wolverine will now carry on till the end of next week with the punisher…

Gonna start keeping these to 1 a day so I can concentrate on my other work…and to try and tighten them up a bit more…still enjoying it though…I’m having fun just creating pages…

Todays sketch page…is not exciting LOL but its moving the story along…

Working on some sequentials…I never got around to finishing before…I wasn’t confident in my skill before but I feel I improved a lot in the last few months…so now I’m gonna finish them off and bring them to the Comic Con I’m heading too on the weekend…Some Nostalgia from the 90’s of my youth when I was deep into Xmen and video games LOL the 90’s is still to this day my fav era of marvel when they had Jim Lee,Dale Keown, Marc Silvestri, and Todd Mc Farlane there… all still big influences on my work…

Here is page 02

Continuing my sketch sequential practice with Wolverine and the Punisher…here is page 11 and 12

Wonder Woman and Mr Incredible (Disney) sketchbook breaks from today…

Had to do a lot of thinking of what I wanted to do with this story LOL slowly moving it along…

taking a break to start the cover art for a new project…

Trying out some animation for fun
(upload://dhMHzYe5OR6ENvuvuiNSKIvijpy.jpg)Animation test 01

Got caught up learning technical stuff again about animation programs for fun…had to remind myself today …the real work is in practice of learning and getting pages done…was inspired by the work of Shalvey on Moon Knight…here is todays warm up pages.Just moving the story along…been doing a lot of car stuff LOL gonna try and move into more action again in the next up coming pages

Got a lot of positive reviews at the last comic con…a lot of you’re almost there from industry pros and editors… was really encouraging and inspiring…so now I feel the need to push more on studies to reach that next level to get my break in comics…here is todays 1min head studies…just random people…

1min hand studies

1min feet studies

1min animal sketches

1min vehicle studies…no rulers so its a bit off LOL

3min environment studies…no rulers again …hope the lines will get straighter in time LOL

Todays warm up sketches…still learning to push beyond what I’m comfortable with LOL I know it will pay off down the road.all sketches are 1min-5min…

Continuing my sketch book story pages…here is page 17 with Moon Knight

Todays batch of warm up studies…1min-5min sketches…still trying to improve my lines with no rulers…

Continuing the sketch sequential practice pages with Moon Knight

slowly moving the story along a bit more…had to do a lot of thinking of how to wrap it up…gonna try and bring ghost rider back into the story as well…

Sad to hear about the passing of the Len Wein. Wolverine was the first character that brought me into comics and inspired me to draw as a kid…

now that I’ve learned a bit more …I’ve been reviewing my old art and starting to edit it…I liked my initial start to my judge dredd sequentials… gonna fix them up more and submit them soon…

new page layouts…and adjustments to some panels…took away some of the shadows…added more detail to some of the backgrounds… giving the art more room to breath.and a more daring layout…gonna do more clean ups…and move on to the other pages…

Really like what you have posted. Your stuff has a certain look about it. Keep it up you obviously have talent.