millarworld.tv Comics Creators

Scottish comic conventions 2018

Anyone else in Scotland who are able to recommend comic conventions? I live in Aberdeen and reliant on buses to travel, but so far I’m very intrigued with the Dunfermline comic con as Dave McKean will be up along with Jordie Bellaire, John Wanger, and a bunch of others. There’s Granite City Comic Con in Aberdeen, but so far has less and less to do with actual comics (nobody comic-related guest wise yet on their guest list).

@markabnett, finally you are useful…
:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Hi @DanteC the big ones are as follows

Glasgow Comicon 30 June

Glasgow MCM 23/24 Sep (same weekend as thoughtbubble)

Edinburgh comic con 14-15 April

Edinburgh also has a smaller free to enter con run in November by the Glasgow Con team.

Dumfermlin Is the business as it’s run by Little Shop Of Heroes so it’s all about the creators.

Same can be said for Glasgow con in June.

Also there is a tiny con run by Alan Grant and his wife in moniaive in dumfries and Galloway .
Usually happens end of May and has had the likes of Frank Quietly , John Wagner, Dougie Braithwaite, Monty Nero and many more great talents.
It takes place in a pub and is quite intimate and everyone gets nice and drunk and has a good time.

Basically prepare your liver because all of them are a good night out afterwards.

I’ve heard mixed things about MCM Glasgow and hope as they are being taken over by reed pop who run New York that things may get an overhaul next year.

Also @mattgarvey1981 lick my chocolate salty balls.
:crazy_face:

I need to try make a couple of these next year.

I managed the 2000ad 40th but that was it.

Always got stuff on the same weekends

Are you near Aberdeen at all? My local comic shop does signings fairly often and has had D’Israeli, Mike Collins, Steve Yeowell and Colin MacNeil up before.
Dunfermline con seems not only more feasible but very desirable for next year.

West Coast - Greenock to be precise

Dunfermline Comic Con’s been sadly cancelled due to the weather.

Thought it right to add this here.
So many cons popping up it’s worth finding out the background of the organisers.

Edinburgh comic con this weekend 14-15 April

Whos coming?!?

Hitting it Saturday with my mate Dave and his better half. The two panels John McShane is hosting look good.

Please remind me to eat before I have a few beers kev!
I don’t want a repeat of my Glasgow hangover from last year!

I never mix my drinks …with food :wink:

You didn’t see the state of me last year pal!
I no longer have a choice !

Won’t be there myself, but if you get to the Edinburgh con, pop by Devolution Comics, Sloth Press, New Age Comics, (they’re all good indie comic people local or associated with Aberdeen’s comic scene).

Haul from Edinburgh con plus other pics

What a thrill. They say never meet your heroes but FabianNicieza is a true scholar & a gentleman. Gave me some great tips & guidance.

Nice pics mate. It’s a great Con. Didn’t pick up anything other than from the comicscene guys as I ended up embroiled at the bar. Sorry I missed you but we’ll get a pint soon :wink:

dude, I was drinking from 1 yesterday!
A con which was fully licensed and you could drink all day!
Family Friendly too!!
Only in Scotland!

Yeah it was probably the most family friendly con I’ve been to tbf.