millarworld.tv Comics Creators

RIP Carrie Fisher

We almost made it, but 2016 isn’t letting us get away that easily. RIP Carrie Fisher. You will be greatly missed.

2 Likes

So very sad. RIP

FUCK YOU, 2016. FUCK YOU.

6 Likes

Not much to say. :frowning:

2 Likes

This woman was a straight badass. In Star Wars and in life. Much love.

6 Likes

I can say it was such an incredible joy to see her reprise her role in VII and see her on the interview scene again. She is such a unique and entertaining individual and I really look forward to see her final reprisal of Princess Leia in VII.

2 Likes

Fucking 2016, mother-fucking 20-fucking-16, bastard piece o’ shit.

Fuck, this is so sad.

6 Likes

On top of that, her overall openness with regards to mental health issues and addiction made many people, across the world, feel empowered to admit their issues and seek the help they needed. What an incredible woman.

6 Likes

Back in the spring of 2006, as we were getting ready for my eldest’ birth, the wife & I were deciding on names. We hadn’t found out what we were having, but I knew it was a girl.

It was still a struggle coming up with names we were happy with. Eventually, half jokingly, I threw Meia into the ring. You know, after the princess, but with an M 'cos her due date was in May. My wife loved it. I loved it. It stuck.

She’s sat next to me as I write this. I’m devastated and I’m trying not to cry.

But, in some small, dumb, totally meaningless-to-anyone-else-in-the-world way, I take comfort from the fact that her highness lives on in my little girl.

2016 sigh

13 Likes

She was on the Last Leg twice and each time was fantastic. A very sharp wit, with a cute dog.

2 Likes

That’s terribly sad. She was a very talented lady. She was terrific in Star Wars (she made that stupid hair style work), but she was fantastic in The Blues Brothers and When Harry Met Sally as well.

4 Likes

That bit in the Blues Brothers… Jake and Elwood walk into the block of flats, Carrie reaches down and pulls out this massive bazooka that couldn’t possibly fit in the space she got it from.

2 Likes
1 Like

I tweeted that

and her bit in Scream 3 <3

4 Likes

This is fucking shitty, man.

3 Likes

just met her and she was very nice.

7 Likes

Just told my eldest about this as he always asks to watch the Star Wars with Leia in.

3 Likes

Some guy on Mastermind on BBC1 just now is doing questions on Star Wars. Heartless bastard. #toosoon

2 Likes

And he didn’t know what a Bantha was. The fool.

3 Likes

She had a great sense of humor appearing regularly on Family Guy and the occasional Robot Chicken.

1 Like

My Princess. Carries a gun, will kick your ass or run a revolution, whatever’s necessary. Leia’s not bad, either.

9 Likes