millarworld.tv Comics Creators

Rate the MCU: 21: Captain Marvel

On a scale of 1 (awful) - 5 (amazing) how would you rate Captain Marvel?

Captain Marvel poster.jpg

0 voters

Nobody else vote, CM is at a solid π.

2 Likes

Sorry, but I was hungry for pi. :wink:

I gave it a 3. A pretty average movie for me.

Solid twists, Great soundtrack and fun fight scenes.
Jude Law felt a bit wasted.
But Carol was Great!

Same rating. It was only 3.14 after I voted. As I’ve said, it’s purpose may have been just to hype Endgame and to establish some things for the post-Endgame MCU

1 Like

I really enjoyed this movie. I want to see it again.

1 Like

Never saw this but surely it can’t be as bad as a 2.9??

2 Likes

It’s really a mediocre movie. I was entertained, but I doubt I’d ever watch it again. Carol doesn’t feel like she has much of a character arc. In a lot of ways it’s similar to the first Captain America. Carol and Steve have lots of similarities. Carol starts the movie a tough badass, she ends it that way too. And I didn’t really feel like the revelations in the movie altered her character in the slightest. She has almost zero reaction to learning she’s been lied to for years. It’s not a very well written movie and it feels a bit more shoe-horned in to cannon than Captain America. I gave both 3s, by the way, but I’d be more likely to watch Captain America again. Mostly because I quite like the pre-Cap Steve stuff and I really like the ending too.

1 Like

It’s worse. I don’t think you’ll like it at all. Make sure there’s a full charge on your phone.

1 Like

As with Strange or Ant-Man, it’s a perfectly competent Marvel movie. There are some flaws (Fury needed a big moment and the action should’ve been staged better). On the other hand, some things are done very well (the main Skrull is great, and I liked the scenes with Monica Rambeau), and I liked that parts of it take place in space. It’s pretty much a 3,5 for me, but I gave it a 3.

2 Likes