millarworld.tv Comics Creators

Rate the MCU: 15: Guardians of the Galaxy Vol 2

On a scale of 1 (awful) - 5 (amazing) how would you rate Guardians of the Galaxy Vol 2?

The Guardian members in front of a colorful explosion

0 voters

One of the worst marvel movies.

It’s not bad on its own merit, bit I find it baffling that gotg1 & 2 have the same director.

1 Like

Really? The Incredible Hulk and The Dark World were 14,000,605x worse.

3 Likes

I like it more than the first.

2 Likes

I was going to say how weird that is, until I remembered I like Ghostbusters 2 better then the original.

The only Marvel movie I fell asleep watching and have no desire to watch again - and it has Kurt Russell in it! Whatever GotG did to be fun, this was the opposite.

1 Like

Yeah, it’s a combination of having the origin stuff out of the way, a better villain in Ego, and more Yondu and Nebula.

1 Like

I gave it a 3. A lot of good stuff that never really gelled together.

1 Like

Damn. Didn’t read the title properly and thought it was the first one. Gave it a 5. :pensive:

2 Likes

You all will respect the house that Yondu built.

3 Likes

Wow, what the hell is up with this average?

1 Like

Gave it a 5.
It’s one of their best.

1 Like

Yeah, I think that I only gave a five to this and Avengers.

A 4.5 from me, a lot of fun to be had

6 Likes

I gave it a 5. I love this movie. I acknowledge it has some flaws, but whatever. It hit all my sweet spots.

4 Likes
  1. Terrible film.
1 Like

What Todd said.

Biggest disappointment was that it was so small-scale. Kurt Russell made for a good villain, but we got to travel the whole of the galaxy in the first movie, and now almost the whole of the plot took place on Ego and was about Peter’s oedipal journey, which just wasn’t all that exciting compared to the chase of the first film.

So just 3/5. It was alright, but given my expectations, it was just a massive disappointment.

1 Like

I wish more films took place entirely on Kurt Russell.

5 Likes

Maybe pitch that to Charlie Kaufman?

3 Likes