millarworld.tv Comics Creators

Rate the MCU: 08: Thor: The Dark World

On a scale of 1 (awful) - 5 (amazing) how would you rate Thor: The Dark World?

Thor - The Dark World poster.jpg

0 voters

Still not quite finding their feet on who the characters are and what story to tell, this film feels a bit of a place-filler but with some necessary information to the ongoing MCU. If it popped up on cable and nothing else was going on I’d likely watch it and enjoy it; but could be easily distracted away.

Nonsense bad guys a waste of acting talent form Chris Eccleston.

Highlight being lokis prison break.

I also find Kat Dennings hilarious, even with mediocre material.

2 Likes

Have this a 1. I saw it when it first came out and haven’t been able to sit through it again.

I liked the bifrost

3/5.

Completely forgettable movie, but there were some nice battle scenes, and Loki has a few great moments.

Thing I liked least about it was the depiction of Odin, who was a wise, considerate father and ruler in the first movie and an arrogant, blind-to-reality king in the second.

It’s funny that they chose to revisit one of their weakest movies in Endgame.

I remember there was a floating lorry in it. That’s about it.

1/5

2 Likes

It’s the only place the ‘ether’ actually turns up though isn’t it? I suppose they could have made up another period but their ‘tribute’ involved one corridor and a bedroom. :smile:

3 Likes

It’s given to the Collector at the end of the movie in the post-credit scene, so they could have gone to get it from him instead.

1 Like

This was my least favorite Marvel movie but it was still pretty watchable. Just not remarkable in any way. 3/5

1 Like

Yeah, I was hoping for Benicio Del Toro. But even a miniscule amount of Natalie Portman goes a long way to soothing my pain there.

The Endgame writers were credited in The Dark World. Maybe that helped them decide?

3 Likes

This is my argument for giving each MCU movie at least a 2 – some are obviously less than perfect, but none of them make me cringe.