millarworld.tv Comics Creators

Rate the MCU: 03: Iron Man 2

On a scale of 1 (awful) - 5 (amazing) how would you rate Iron Man 2?

Tony Stark is pictured center wearing a smart suit, against a black background, behind him are the Iron Man red and gold armor, and the Iron Man silver armor. His friends, Rhodes, Pepper, are beside him and below against a fireball appears Ivan Vanko armed with his energy whip weapons.

0 voters

1 Like

I bought this recently, and like it more as time goes by. Lots of Mickey Roarke not used, which is a pity. Again, much of this film depends on action not seen; all Tony did as Iron Man to “create a new era of world peace” and to “privatize peace” must be taken as axiomatic, when the vast majority of the audience does not have one clue as to what this means or as to how one person might go about actually doing it. Which leaves a huge plot hole. Speaking of holes, what they did regarding the Mandarin was just wrong.

Plot wise a mess.
But it gave us Warmachine, Rockwells Justin Hammer.(He needs to make a comeback) More Phil
and of course.
. image

I wanted to see more of the hammerDroids. Those where so very sweet.

1 Like

Gave this one a 2.

He’s very briefly in one of the ‘one shot’ short films.

At the end of this one:

2 Likes

A scale of 1-5 is quite hard to operate on, and I don’t think any of the marvel movies are below average really, but to create some distance between them I’ll need to exaggerate slightly

So a 2/5 for this

1 Like

Ah, spoilers.

After Tony made the huge entrance at the open of the film with all the dancers and such, later when Justin Hammer tries dancing to a sample of Pick Up the Pieces (by the Average White Band, another level of humor) to stir up the crowd I just lose it. Whatta maroon!

1 Like

3/5.

The plot really was a mess, and Whiplash was just a terrible villain. But there were also a lot of fun scenes, and watching Downey do his thing is always worth it, and Sam Rockwell was cool, too. Also, Black Widow.

2, it would be lower except I enjoyed seeing RDJ in the role again.

The scene with Black Widow getting into the ring boosts it from a 2 to a 3.

2 Likes