millarworld.tv Comics Creators

Rate Prometheus (Yeah, I went there...)

0 voters

5 Likes

I gave it a 3. In and of itself, it wasn’t horrible. But as an Aliens prequel, it was such a waste of potential.

Oh dear…what have we started!??

2 Likes

8 Likes

Three here too, pretty much the same reasons as Todd. I had high hopes of learning more about the xenomophs but instead got weird squid creatures and zombie geologists.

1 Like

This movie was utterly befuddling to me. I had no idea what was going on. 1/5

1 Like

Gave it a 3.
A few decent scenes, lovely tone and atmosphere.
Never really fulfills its potential and feels a bit empty.
But I enjoy having it on.

1 Like

I gave it a 5 but I was think 9 out of 10, however it’s probably closer to 8.5/10 so I should have given it a 4/10

I’m quite happy to be arrogant about this film as one of the few that I feel if you don’t get it then you are the problem, a bit like the last Godzilla movie

4 Likes

Yeah, you’re right Shin Godzilla was great

4 Likes

Yeah, I don’t have any time whatsoever for Prometheus hate. It’s an awesome movie that stands on its own yet adds an interesting dimension to the first Alien. I don’t give a fuck if a tertiary character does something dumb that gives us a good image.

I gave it a 5 for balance, it’s more like a 4.5.

4 Likes

I didn’t really like it on first watch. It looks awesome, but the story was weird as fuck. Watched it again on BluRay and liked it a lot more. 4/5 for me.

Alien: Covenant was unmitigated shite though.

4 Likes

I like Covenant a lot when it’s a sequel to Prometheus and not much at all when it’s a prequel to Alien.

5 Likes

100%

People have got mixed up between ‘bad movie’ and ‘not what I wanted’

Last Jedi is a strong parallel in this regard

I also think that because there was some parts of Prometheus that were challenging, it required some serious thought from the viewer. I’m not sure when this became a bad thing.

I’m upset at the response to the movie because I feel we were robbed of Ridley Scott’s desired direction beyond Prometheus because he had to dumb it down a bit

5 Likes

Fucks sake Todd, do you ever stop to consider whether you maybe shouldn’t do a thing?

7 Likes

I sat through this shit avalanche of a movie and then I am called the problem!? :smile:

We may as well go all the way and start the “rate The Last Jedi” thread.

3 Likes

6 Likes

Same.
Walter was fantastic as well.

1 Like

Yeah. That may be the way to redeem Covenant. It massively failed to live up to expectations as “the origin of the species”.

1 Like

I gave it a 5 not only because I enjoyed it, but also to confuse and enrage people.

7 Likes