millarworld.tv Comics Creators

Random comics-related things

And Phil Hester can draw up a storm, too.

2 Likes

Fanart series imagines Clark Gable and other Hollywood legends as DC and Marvel superheroes

https://www.dailydot.com/parsec/superheroes-hollywood-icons-fanart-joe-phillips/

2 Likes

For those who are interested, these will appear in comics shops on Wednesday:
hellboy-4pc-coaster-set

0 Likes

Pogs?

4 Likes

Coasters!!

2 Likes

Oversized pogs then.

2 Likes

Just now am I realising that Pogs are perfect coasters for shot glasses.

3 Likes

Don’t harsh my Hellboy buzz!

1 Like

It’s okay, the new movie will do that. :wink:

3 Likes

Picking up on the earlier discussion of comic cons moving date/location, Thought Bubble is doing both this year, moving back to its original place in the calendar, but now in Harrogate.

I have to say, one thing that’s put me a bit off Thought Bubble in the past (though certainly not the only reason) is how spread out it appears to be across Leeds, which isn’t great in a place you don’t know. Moving to a convention centre that can hold everything seems a good idea.

1 Like

I thought the move to the town centre the last two years was really good. Easy to find and lots of casual ‘people on the street’ attending.

1 Like

This is what it sounds like when I speak around children.

3 Likes

&^*$! (!((@!! <@&&!

And I mean it!

(The Yellow Kid was rather horrifying, like Dickens on really bad acid.)

2 Likes

I’m sticking this here as not everyone visits the original art thread. It’s a commission I got for my podcast from old school G.I. Joe artist Rod Whigham.

9 Likes

That is sweet!

0 Likes

Just came off of reading Marvel cosmic stuff. As I stopped with Abnett and Lanning’s GoTG, I am reading Abnett’s Aquaman, which I was reading when I had the money to buy monthlies. Tottally changed my mind about Aquaman.

0 Likes

Good video, but it always makes me sad to see Mort Walker and Beetle Bailey (that’s his american name, righr?) these days, even if it’s only becausr I miss the originals and absolutely f&#king hate Greg Walkers attempts at humour. It’s not even a comic strip any more. There’s nothing remotely funny about it (except maybe the art, which is laughable at best).

1 Like

Beetle Bailey is syndicated in your neck of the woods? I had always assumed it was just a comic well past its prime. I was never sure why it continued to be syndicated.

2 Likes

It shows up in some local papers. Haven’t seen it on a national level but there’s also an actual comic book about it here. Collection of strips intertwined with others.

Knasentidning

3 Likes

Interesting fact: Beetle Bailey is the brother of Lois Flagston, from the strip Hi and Lois, which was created by Mort Walker and Dik Browne (who later created the strip Hagar the Horrible).

3 Likes