millarworld.tv Comics Creators

Random comics-related things

I said before that Reed Richards, Plastic Man, and the Elongated Man could take great selfies by stretching out their arms…

Also, Superman would have to be good at geography to fly to different places and take care of disasters there.

Exciting, eh?

Maybe I have too much time on my hands. :smile:

That’s one bit I liked in Jim Shooter’s Star Brand.

Fast or flying superheroes always seem to know where they are going but they had him follow the highway and use maps so he could get to his destination. His power was flight, not an in-built GPS.

Looks like our own @Mark_Millar got name dropped on this week’s Comic Legends over on CBR in a reference to one of his amazing single issue issue JLA stories.

On yesterday’s Pointless, the question was “Famous Neils”.

Do I win some kind of prize for posting the most random comics-related thing ever? :wink:

I didn’t even know Neil Kinnock was a comics fan.

The connection is Neil Tennant from the Pet Shop Boys used to work for Smash Hits magazine. That was published by EMAP who also owned The Face, they carried several articles in the early 90s by Sandman writer Neil Gaiman.

Don’t be silly, Dave. It’s clearly about former Marvel UK editor Neil Tennant.

Was it him who hired Neil Buchanan to illustrate that one-off short story in Star Wars Weekly?

It’s all starting to make sense now.

This article appeared in the fanzine* Capa-Alpha #12 in 1965. Written by Jerry Bails after he met and talked to Bill Finger at a comic con in New York that summer. Possibly the first time the Bob Kane Batman myth was challenged in print.

. * Things a bit like Facebook but featuring more intellectual discourse and less cat pictures

And less Stannis memes.

A belated “like” for Dave as I completely missed the joke :wink:

Anyway, it’s a stylistic choice.

Went to list my Big Damn Sin City on ebay last night. Using the ISBN number it registers it as a baby book!

All the listings on ebay have it at £150ish or more. Is it going for that much these days?

That’s hilarious.

This Is What Superheroes Would Look Like With Realistic Bodies

No, that’s what superheroes would look like if the artists drew them obese.

The Cyborg one was the most ridiculous. His body is mostly machine. Machines don’t have guts.

sometimes heavily cyborgised lifeforms still have guts