millarworld.tv Comics Creators

Random comics-related things

A lot of truth in that I’m sure.

It just seems a bit odd to spend a famously large amount of money on a website that has built up a decent reputation, and then turn it into a clickbait peddling site the same as any other.

You would have thought the goodwill of their established reputation was part of the appeal of buying it, so it’s surprising to not even try and maintain that.

I’d like to think that Dave but I’m not sure the business model supports it. People want the web to be free and most of the comics websites have been unable to sustain themselves. iFanboy are now pretty much just podcast only and raise finds via donations, Comics Alliance went bust.

I’m looking now at a proposition given to me for a site and I can’t see a profitable solution that isn’t mainly about clicks for ad revenue. That’s not to be potentially be a millionaire, it’s the minimum to keep the lights on.

So do you think they were just paying for the name/recognition factor?

Yes, most likely, they were according to Google the most visited ‘geek’ site. Ain’t it Cool were way below them despite their credentials at the beginning of the internets and wider appeal away from just comic stuff.

I’m not happy with it but I do kind of appreciate that’s how they may have to go.

I have been increasingly more appreciative of the idea that any quality needs to be paid for in some way and have switched off parts of ad blockers.

I’m not sure if this is the right thread for this, but I finally got my hands on a Walt Simonson Thor trade and i’m enjoying it- even if it is volume 4, so I’m in the middle of an arc.

There’s a Trades thread if you want to discuss in more detail.

More towards the end I’d say, there were 5 volumes in total.

Someone other than @Todd posts a Cracked article.

Couldn’t decide whether this would go into the DC thread or the Marvel thread:

in the planet hulk follow-up, the hulk and sentry fought it out. hulk won.

Now you’ve taken away Todd’s whole reason for being…I hope you’re happy with yourself JR :wink:

So, Sentry wasn’t carrying an ‘emergency kittens’ photo. More fool him.

It’s all good. I’m subcontracting out some of my workload.

HAHAHAHAHAHA.

No :expressionless:

PAGE 1 PANEL 1
Hulk stands outside the Daily Planet Building in Metropolis.
HULK: Come out Superman! Hulk is st–

PANEL 2
Hulk is standing on Triton, a frozen moon of Neptune.
HULK: --rongest…huh?

PANEL 3
Clark Kent, at his desk, sips his coffee while typing a story, Headline is: “HULK MYSTERIOUSLY VANISHES FROM EARTH, NO BYSTANDERS HARMED”.

The end.

What did Superman do to make Hulk let go? Tickle him?

Let go? :confused:

Ohhhh, you’re assuming Hulk had time to move one of his arms in the three nanoseconds it took Superman to carry him to Triton?

Interesting idea. But unlikely.

Headline: “Chunks of Neptune cause multiple tsunami, wiping out 95% of life on Earth.”

Thanks Supes.

EDIT: headline from The Cockroach Herald.

Considering how fast Supes would have to be going when he left, the shattered windows across Metropolis due to the sonic boom would have pissed everyone off.