millarworld.tv Comics Creators

R.I.P. B.B. King

There apparently is a fine tribute from Eric Clapton on FB, maybe someone can post?

Blues Boy King passed quietly at his home at the age of 89/

“After the cancellation of the remaining eight shows of his 2014 tour due to health problems, King announced on October 8, 2014 he was back at home to recuperate.[62] On May 1, 2015, after two hospitalizations caused by complications from high blood pressure and diabetes, King announced on his website that he was in hospice care at his home in Las Vegas, Nevada.[63] He died there on May 14 at 9:40 P.M. PDT.”

May he rest in piece. I’m sorry I never got to see him play live. If I believed in an afterlife, I would want to see him ending up sitting in the heaven of his choice somewhere strumming Lucille.

A great musician.

RIP

Sad, but unfortunately on the cards for a wee while.

I used to get the names of B.B. King and Ben E. King (“Stand By Me”) mixed up all the time. Remarkable that both men died less than a month apart.

Has anyone checked on Don King lately?

So great to see some footage of him doing what he does best. I was irritated by the radio this morning only playing a clip from his U2 collaboration during their reporting of his passing - it might have been one of his most well-known songs, but I didn’t feel like it really represented him at his best.