millarworld.tv Comics Creators

Pundit Complains About Dislike of Comic Fans

Maher continues to be a dick.

5 Likes

Gotta maintain that 63-year streak

9 Likes

Maher is looking for publicity here. I’m always of the mindset, “Don’t mention his name and his name will pass on.” Otherwise, even if he’s seen as an ass, he gets notoriety through infamy and that’s the lifeblood of his business.

9 Likes

Any dude who spends significant time at the playboy mansion shouldn’t criticize others for not putting away childish things.

9 Likes

The publicity game can be pretty sad at times.

6 Likes

If Maher really feels that way about comics, maybe he should give back his paycheck for appearing in Iron Man 3.

9 Likes

Whatever. No one is likely to remember Maher or anything he did after he dies. Stan Lee’s contributions to the world will be remembered for a long, long time. So he can be weird and petty about people reading comic books all he wants, no one should care about a damn thing he ever says. He’s just a douche and always has been.

8 Likes

I like Real Time and I like his writers. I wouldn’t go and see him live and don’t give much of a fuck about his opinions but he does run a decent debate show.

1 Like

I want to debate Maher on this, live.

If not me, then Millar should do it. Mark could twist Maher into a pretzel.

4 Likes

He should definitely debate it with someone yes. That would be fantastic. Who knows how to get a petition noticed?

1 Like

I could nail it to Maher’s forehead?

3 Likes

His head’s too far up his was no one would see it.

1 Like

Maher doesn’t want to debate. He’s a person unwilling to have his mind changed. He’s a shitty human being and it disappoints me that HBO keep giving him a job.

5 Likes

It’s funny how much traction Maher’s opinion on Stan Lee’s legacy gets in comic book circles. Nobody outside of that particular interest knows, remembers, or cares.

Maher’s anti-vaxxer stance is something much more alarming and has real world implications than what he thinks of Stan Lee.

6 Likes

They don’t need to remember; he brought it up himself again last week. I still like him and enjoy his show. I don’t need to agree with someone on everything to enjoy their work.

I think the better argument is being a (team) sports nut - getting all worked up over grown people literally playing a game.

Very fair but Bill Maher brags about going to the Playboy Mansion all the time and to my knowledge not about sports teams, and that is what I was referring to.

He’s a co-owner of a sports team I believe.

EDIT: Yes, he’s a partial owner of the NY Mets.

2 Likes

Good. He deserves the Mets.

1 Like

That’s what I was getting at. I recall hearing about the Mets on his show a lot more often than the Mansion.

About Bill Maher, I noticed Joe Quesada is making these weird tweets now, humbling himself to Maher. Not to mention that tweet about Kevin Smith’s jersey. I get Joe is trying to cheer Maher up, but it sounds pathetic.

1 Like