millarworld.tv Comics Creators

Playing around with Millar's Comic Format

So I am part of a community called Hitrecord. You can check out the site that is Hitrecord.org . Hitrecord is its own production company. Whenever you put art up on the site, if it is used for something for the site that makes money, you make money. They call everything “records” (I think because the site was originally used for pure audio). Whenever an artist uploads something, their record can be remixed by other members, for purposes of the site.

Here is an image that I remixed.

Here is the comic script for it.

Page One
1/ This whole comic is lit with noir shadows. Close-up of a goon trying to crack a safe in a storage unit.
CAPTION: Chicago, Illinois:
2/ Low camera angle. Goon A continues to mess with the safe. Goon B is standing behind him, talking, unaware of Chickeman who is closest to the audience/reader. We see Chickenman’s legs and arms in frame. He is holding two gas cans.
GOON B: I thought you said you knew what you were doing.
GOON A: I do.
3/ The two goons stare at the safe off-panel. They are looking at the safe, which is facing the audience/reader. Chickenman looks tough, with his hood over his head. Half of his body is in shadows.
NO COPY
4/ A close-up of Chickenman’s hands setting the gas cans down.
NO COPY

Page Two
1/ Goon B turns his head to his shoulder, slightly turning his waist, looking behind him. He is going for a pistol that is in his waistband.
GOON B: What the–
2/ Chickenman grabs goon b’s arm. The pistol goes off in the goon’s pants. Chickenman simultaneously chops the goon’s throat with his other hand. Blood flies from the goon’s mouth.
NO COPY
3/ Goon A is frozen in fear on the ground by the safe. He is looking at Chickenman off-panel.
GOON A: Did h-h-he send you?
4/ Chickenman’s arms grab the goon by the shirt.
NO COPY

Page Three
1/ Chickenman lifts the goon to his feet. We see the other goon on the ground, bleeding from his groin area and face.
CHICKENMAN: No.
2/ Chickenman pecks the goon’s face.
NO COPY
3/ Chickenman pecks the goon’s face. We see blood.
NO COPY
4/ Chickenman pecks the goon’s face. We see more blood.
NO COPY
5/ The goon is thrown to the ground.
NO COPY

Page Four
1/ Chickenman lifts the safe over his head and the men raise their arms in fear.
CHICKENMAN: This is for Laura!
2/ Chickenman smashes the safe over the goons bodies. The safe breaks, and bricks of cocaine spill out.
NO COPY
3/ A close-up of the bodies underneath the safe. A pool of blood leaks out underneath the bodies, mixing with the white powder.
NO COPY
4/ A close-up like the last, with more blood mixing with the white powder.
NO COPY

Page Five
1/ Chickenman dumps gasoline on everything in the storage unit.
NO COPY
2/ A close-up of Chickenman lighting a zippo lighter.
NO COPY
3/ The lit lighter hits the gasoline.
NO COPY
4/ Chickenman walks out like a badass out of the storage unit that is ablaze.
NO COPY

Page Six
1/ Chickenman walks through the storage area with a fire behind him. It is burning everything to the ground.
NO COPY
2/ He walks by a guard post where the guard was shot in the face by the goons. His blood and brains are sprayed behind him on the wall.
NO COPY
3/ Chickenman walks away from the storage area.
CAPTION #1: Know this, Mr.Strife—
CAPTION #2: I’m coming for you.
CAPTION #3: END.
COMIC END

Would be interested in your thoughts on this.

-Shawn

Here is a few more images that I think are some of my best lettering work on the site.

-Shawn

2 Likes