millarworld.tv Comics Creators

Original Comic Art - Pages, Sketches, Commissions, Doodles etc

Very cool. That printing plant was very close to my hometown and I knew someone who worked there when I was a little kid.

Great Thread! I’m a big collector of the Invisibles, here are a few of my pages, if you have any you’re willing to part with, i’m always looking for more!

Wow! What an awesome collection of invisibles pages. That Thompson one is really a classic, the one that GM made her draw like Liefeld =)

Just want to share a sketch card commission I made recently. Well, very recently actually - yesterday. And already completed by Albert Nguyenemphasized text

(I‘m sure I don’t need to tell any of you that it’s Witterquick from Visionaries). That’s easily the fastest turn around for an online commission I’ve ever had, hell it’s quicker than some convention commissions I’ve made (admittedly it’s not been posted yet).

Evelyn and Elsa from MCM in October. I’m blanking on the artist!

My Ian Kennedy commission pieces arrived today.

Hawker Hurricane

A no-brainer given my love for his Commando comics covers.

Dredd

While the Dredd isn’t quite in the “Dirty Harry” pose I’d asked for I’m beyond happy with it.

Lovely stuff @Bruce Love Ian’s work. Hoping to head up to see him in the New Year for an interview. Great you finally got your commissions.

Those both look great Bruce!

Great stuff Bruce. Do you mind me asking how much the Hurricane was. I’m tempted to hit Ian up for a Spitfire.

£75 for the Hurri, black pencil on a4 white card.

Final new art day of the year (i hope!)

2 great invisibles pages from issue 18. A very groovy Gideon Stargrave page, and an interrogation page.

If you fancy some original Frank Hampson Dan Dare artwork and have a few grand to spare then you’re in luck!!!

2 new purchases to start 2019. I was blown away by Into the Spider-Verse so wanted to get some Spider-Gwen art, I couldn’t find anything I liked from the main Spider-Verse artists available, so i got the best of what I could get. I know people have issues with this artist (for real reasons) but I’m very happy with this art, and it looks great in hand.

Commision from Simon Myers @prettyfunky
Nice mix of coloured pencils and water paints.

Here’s another one he did of me and the better half as Superman and wonder woman a few years ago.

Those are great.

Yeah pretty happy. Bit of a wait on this one as he’s been pretty busy with cover work

You can find him here
http://prettyfunky.com/wordpress/

My first commission of 2019 (or last of 2018, depending how you want to count it, as I commissioned in in the week between Christmas and New Year).

Virulina (off Visionaries) by Vincenzo Riccardi. Sketch card size.

I’m a bit torn on it, if I’m honest. I love Riccardi’s dramatic style and it’s on full display here. Plus, it was pretty reasonably priced (factoring in recorded delivery from Italy). But every time I look at it I see the fingerprint smudge near the bottom and that he basically directly copied the reference material I provided rather than using it as a springboard.

If this isn’t OK, please delete.

But Spencer Beck has started his annual sale, it’s a project to go through the site, but you can find some of the best deals in OA there.

If you have never done this before, be prepared. A lot of the stuff he has listed may be sold before the sale, and a ton sells durring.

I put in a request for 4 pages and an “anything you have left” for another thing. My guess is i get maybe 2 pages tops.

http://www.theartistschoice.com

I’ve ordered from him a couple of times and once he sent me the wrong page. He didn’t really apologise either. In other news, here’s my recent Mike Vosburg commission to plug my G.I. Joe comic podcast.

He also slipped in a free pencil prelim piece.

My year of the spider continues. I got this cool page from the spider-verse crossover in the other day, and i’m about to get an awesome FPS, but can’t share until it’s safely in my house