millarworld.tv Comics Creators

New Comics Thread - 9th September

New comics are here.

This is the thread to discuss what you read, no spoilers for major plot points please as people read at different times. If you feel the need to the rules are below:

To set spoiler text: use the tags [spoiler] [\spoiler] around your text.
To read spoiler text, click on it and the blurred lines will become clear.
Don’t start a new paragraph between the tags or it doesn’t work.

It’s the last Amazing Spider-Man: Renew Your Vows this week but I think that’s all for me.

Ya. Nothing for me this week.

This months issue of Batman was $4.99 as per the info in the “Comics Shipping” thread. Pretty pricey for a comic but I picked it up anyway.

Was it a larger issue?

Seems like it was a little bit thicker when I held it but I don’t think it had a much significantly higher page count than a normal issue.

According to this it’s an extra-sized issue:

Amazing Spider-Man: Renew Your Vows #5: This was an enjoyable and fitting ending to the series. I won’t say more so as not to spoil things, but I found it quite satisfying and heart-warming.

Did you just reply to yourself? :wink:

It’s the best way to be sure of an interesting conversation. :slight_smile:

(No, I was originally going to quote my post mentioning the book so it was clear which issue I was talking about, but then realised it was simpler just to type the title.)

I realise now that it looks a bit odd.

Don’t worry about it, I think it looks fine.

Did anybody pick up the Rucka Star Wars comic? I’m tempted but I think I’ll tradewait.

I thought it was a YA novel or did he do a comic too?

This is the comic.
Though his novel looks fun too. It has illustrations by Phil Noto throughout.

Does anybody know the date when the Star Wars Aaron/Cassaday trade will land? It’s soon right?

Amazon says October 6. Usually they’ll be in comic shops a week or two earlier than that, so yeah it’s soon.

Got my cable bill. Shame on me for the things I do whilst ill. But … they were on sale! Minimal entertainment budget remains. Still have two issues of Halloween Man to read on tap.

Diamond has it down for 7th October:

Batman was amazing. This is the best any Bat book has been since Miller and Mazz!

MM

I got caught up on Omega Men this week.

I think this might be the best book on the stands. It’s so well crafted, and every creative decision is much more interesting than it needs to be.

If nurtured properly this could be DC’s answer to Guardians of the Galaxy. Of course they’ll probably cancel it after 6 issues instead.

I enjoyed it too. My only complaint was about the stupid advert sheet Marvel stapled into the centre which got in the way of the story telling in the centre spread. Easy enough fixed though (with a bit of tearing and binning).