millarworld.tv Comics Creators

My New (old) Fiction Project

No worries, David; you can correct it in the TPB reprints.

Great work!

Thank you :slight_smile:

Strikeforce have gone … Back to the Future! Yes, that’s what I used as the title of chapter 22. So sue me.

In other news, I’ve been playing with various ways of making the day-by-day history pages look cleaner, and I think I’ve found a layout that I like. I’ve started somewhere out-of-the-way – the beginning of the 23rd century – so if I decide I hate it I won’t have too much stuff to undo. You can take a look at the timelines for 2301, 2302, 2320, and 2322 and see what you think.

Another Heroes issue this week: #23 Moving On. It’s a “quiet” issue, with the team still resting at Luey’s place, but trouble is not far away. See if you can guess who next issue’s villain is…

The new History page format seemed to work pretty well, so I’ve added a couple more pages in the format. But instead of my usual scattershot approach of documenting events of historical significance, I’ve decided I should be more methodical start at the beginning. So there are pages for 13.7 billion years ago and 13.5 billion years ago. Yes, I really meant the beginning!

And a final small addition, the Encyclopaedia gets an entry for the Antarctic Volcano, which you may remember Strikeforce accidentally causing a few weeks ago.

No update next week, it’s a designated skip week (because your writer will be at a concert) so come back on the 30th for the next update. Though I may do some interim blog posts, as usual.

Yes, a ridiculously long hiatus, but here we are again.

This week there aren’t any story chapters. I’m getting back into the swing of things slowly, so I’m starting with something simple like… documenting 11 billion years of history.

You will find 11 new (or revised) pages covering events from, deep breath, 13.7 Billion Years Ago, 13.5 Billion Years Ago, 5 Billion Years Ago, 4.6 Billion Years Ago, 4.5 Billion Years Ago, 4.1 Billion Years Ago,
2.6 Billion Years Ago, 2.5 Billion Years Ago, 2.45 Billion Years Ago,
2.44 Billion Years Ago, and 2.3 Billion Years Ago.

The easiest thing is to start at the first one (13.7 billion years ago, obviously) and just keep clicking through to the next event.

Most of it won’t make sense to you in the context of the current story (you’ll probably recognise one reference point) but it’s all going to become clear if you keep reading Strikeforce for long enough. You’ve probably figured out by now that you need to treat the entire web site more like a jigsaw puzzle than an single linear narrative. (Because, honestly, linear narratives are a waste of the on-line medium.)

Next week’s update might include the next Strikeforce chapter, but I’m not promising. It could just be a few more random history pages.

I salute your ambitious project, and making it available to read.

The long delayed new chapter of Strikeforce is here. The team is stuck in a future they don’t recognise as their own, in a chapter appropriately titled Somewhen Else.

And a couple of minor new pages to make it the update look a bit more substantial: Wild Boy in the Who’s Who, and Vancouver in the Gazetteer.